Forgot a boxers name.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    While I see what you’re saying...they obviously had the messages as evidence...

2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Many a man has went off the rails due to women problems mate - we never hear the context and always easy to condemn.

Remember years ago when this well liked guy had walked into the local bar and slapped his missus very hard.

Police called, man arrested etc and everyone in the bar had all the sympathy for the women until ................. people quickly became aware that she had fecked half the estate. Guy just found out and absolutely snapped.

The guy was unable to think straight for 3 years after hearing the news.

Here's Johnny and lepinthehood like this.
  3. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I don’t think anything makes It ok though...I wouldn’t say that’s an acceptable way to behave in any situation. I can understand why it might happen but that doesn’t make it right.

kojak likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Not saying it is either mate but can understand why people go off the rails as well.

He done his time mate, returned to boxing beating Barrett in a cracking performance and his post fight interview was very classy. Sounded like a man that was completely broken when he went to jail, learned some hard lessons from the experience and fighting hard to be the best he can possibly be.

Did not appear to be a nasty piece of work at all but can only base my opinion on what we see on screen.

Holler, ryanm8655 and kojak like this.
  5. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Hahaha the Guildford four ? We’re not talking about a conspiracy based on racist assumptions, this is literally about a man who was abusing his misses and there was plenty of evidence to back it up ! As for the thousands of people “stitched up”, get a grip man i know it may not comply with your “i hate the old bill, deal with my own problems” mentality but the police and courts aren't stitching people by large.

6. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    I knew you still believed in the Tooth Fairy mate

7. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    There are plenty of bent police officers around mate.

As to Ronnie Clark, I read that he assaulted his partner with emails and texts - sounds like his head was well and truly fooked up as a result of the breakdown in relationship.

Not excusing his behaviour but he was sent to prison under a NEW law and the way people are discussing him on this thread, I thought he must have committed murder, sexual offences, hit her on the head with a baseball bat twice per day and shot her in both knees.

The point I made is the public don't know what really went on in the relationship and he certainly won't be the first to go off the rails due to relationship problems.

Unless I am missing something, a jail sentence does appear harsh considering some don't even go to prison for a lot more serious violent offences.

He done his time and from his post fight interview at the Barrett fight, he done well to get his head straight and get back to boxthing.