FOTC Joe Frazier vs the best Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Dec 2, 2018.

1. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    How could the much shorter Frazier cope against the much taller, mobile boxer? Could he cope at all?

2. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
  3. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Frazier by decision. Fury lacks the offensive thrust and power to beat Frazier imo.

4. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Frazier left hook to the body. Xs 200 = Tyson BusterFury being KOd. Inside 9.
    Smokin' Joe Frazier was the truth taker in Heavyweight Champion HISTORY. If your name isn't George Foreman, you be ****ed. Nuff said.

5. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    That Joe Frazier would smash through walls to win but Fury still gives him difficult round s .Frazier by decision.

RockyJim likes this.
  6. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    But Fury`s hand speed is brilliant and his reach is great, Joe was great at dodging the jab though, great fight.

George Crowcroft and Ph33rknot like this.
  7. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Frazier is simply way too small.

Bukkake and mcvey like this.
  8. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I’d expect Fury to exploit his size and skill advantages well enough to earn a decision.

Ph33rknot and mcvey like this.
  9. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Fury would cause him a lot of problems, but I think Frazier has a good style to beat Fury. Probably hurts him a few times, but after last night I think he would survive. Frazier decision.

10. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Hmmmmm....I imagine after 12 rounds that Fury will win every round....but unfortunately this hypothetical took place in a hypothetical corrupt American boxing landscape.

Fury wins every round....unless you are crooked or incompetent. Fortunately they are and Frazier fans everywhere rejoice! This then goes in history as the 875th consecutive decision to be termed a robbery

11. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Frazier actually knows how to fight, unlike Wilder. He would not just sit there and wait to land single hard punches every few rounds. He would apply brutal pressure and hard body shots to Fury's soft midsection. Fury has heart, and may make it to the final bell, but Frazier wins either way. Fury does not have sufficient power to deter Joe's game plan.

12. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I don't know... Frazier had the style and Fury isn't a Foreman class puncher

RockyJim likes this.
  13. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Fury, over 15 rounds, is broken by Frazier's pace, spirit and left hook. Frazier KO late rounds

Honestly Ali getting up from Frazier's left hook shocked me more than Fury

14. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Frazier has the style to beat Fury who does look open for hooks it’s just Wilder doesn’t know how to throw them and Wlad at that point in his career didn’t throw many as well.
    The question is size. Fury is a giant and while he can’t punch like Foreman it’s still pretty tough seeing Frazier taking those shots and being leaned on etc over course of fight. If Fury had a bit more pop i’d Pick him easy but i’ll Give him slight edge over Frazier.

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  15. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Out of all the modern heavies Fury impresses me the most. Talented boxer and is massive yet so hard to hit. He also showed he had some heart getting up from what looked like a coma lol. Fury in a 12 rounder Joe in a 15. But what do I know. I also think this is the most talented HW division since the 90s and can’t wait to see Usyk join the frea