Frampton v Warrington is going to be free to air

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Franks promotion off fights is non exsistent! I actually just assumed his was in Leeds until some else said otherwise in anothe post, still don't actually know where it's being held

2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Unless you went round on the 22nd and personally questioned every buy of the Whyte fight - "would you of bought the Warrington fight tonight, if Whyte fight hadn't been on, then we'll never really know how many buys were lost

3. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Frank is just extra salty about this and when he has to explain to the BT Sport executives why did the PPV fail I am sure he will be using Eddie Hearn and sky as his excuse and claim his show was sabotaged.

He is a funny guy. He is now claiming the talk of wilder vs fury only selling 7k tickets is all lies from Eddie Hearn

I mean does Frank not know that the seating plan is available for everybody to see and it is clear as day that ticket sales are very slow.

BXNG101, TonyHayers and im sparticus like this.
  4. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Spot on, more than likely he is. Embarrassing poster, some ***** from Brentwood.

5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Didn't Frank himself campaign for the right for multiple shows to be on the same night? Hoist with his own petard here if so.

I have absolutely no doubt that Hearn is loving the fact that his show is impacting on Frank. It would be stupid to pretend that isn't happening. But why did Frank arrange this fight for the location and date he did? Surely Leeds v Belfast in Manchester three days before Christmas Day was something someone raised questions about? Hearn has said all along he'd got the O2 booked on the same date. Anyone could have looked at other Saturday nights during December at the O2 and seen they were all booked up with nothing announced on the 22nd. It was always likely there would have been a clash.

My feeling is that this fight was largely ordered by BT owing to the need for more fights to be made this year. Frank, for a variety of reasons, has had a very bad year. Warrington should have had an easy homecoming fight in Leeds this Christmas, have a similar fight for Frampton and build up to a stadium in May in one of their home towns. Instead this feels a bit rushed.

6. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Hearn has multiple dates booked at the O2 that he doesn't use so not really a valid way of organising you're own show

7. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I know Matchroom are a big organisation but I don't see how Hearn can pencil in every Saturday in December bearing in mind how big some of the acts are who play the O2, and then tell them to keep waiting until he's chosen.

He may have different dates in mind but if a band have their tour confirmed then what can he do? As it turns out if he wanted to make the Whyte Chisora fight in December he could have the first weekend and a clash with Fury or the 22nd and a clash with Frampton.

8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Exactly what I said.