Frampton v Warrington

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Dec 8, 2018.

Who wins?

1. The Jackal - Carl Frampton

68.7%
  2. The Feather Fisted Flapper - Josh Warrington

31.3%
  1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I have to admire your patriotism Len.

kojak likes this.
  2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks Spartacus , and you can admire Carl's boxing on 22nd. :)

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Ah @lencoreastside you make me chuckle. You’re backing your man to the hilt and you have absolutely every right to do that. Nobody would be rubbing your nose in it if Frampton got beat....but...you’re totally writing off Josh Warrington’s credentials in the process. You’re gonna get ribbed big time at this rate haha. It’s to the point where if Frampton does beat him, the victory would be no better than the one against Luke Jackson. You’re doing Warrington a great disservice mate, especially discrediting his victory over Selby. He earned that built and deservedly won it. He’s a legitimate world champion, he’s no mug.

CST80, im sparticus, @Maley and 2 others like this.
  4. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Of course it isn't, he was caught by Crassus!

lencoreastside likes this.
  5. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Just tryna generate some discussion around this great fight 20. I do have Josh credit...hes doing a great job. Fair play to him. He is bigger and possibly fitter than Carl'. Of course he is levels above Luke Jackson. He is definitely not a mug. Poor Jackson is far too brave for his own good. He took an awful beating in there against frampton. I hope if warrington starts to take punishment in there like jackson did his corner will do the right thing. you don't think Lee was totally dead in there against Josh? Do you think peak Selby would lose to Josh? Surely you don't. Surely you agree a fully fit Lee Selby would beat Josh? We will never know now obviously, but we do have a great fight to look forward to on 22nd.

im sparticus likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I wouldn’t have you any other way, Len. Top man. I hope it’s a great fight, i’ll be purchasing this ppv, and obviously i’ll be cheering on Martin Murray.

7. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Behave yourself!

Scissors likes this.
  8. LD Boxer-Puncher

May 10, 2017
    He is a legitimate world champion, and he did deserve it, he's over achieved and fair play to him for it, he is of course, also a much tougher opponent than Luke Jackson.

However, I feel so many people have understated Frampton since his defeat to LSC. Let's not forget this guy was British p4p number one little over a year-year and a half ago, and in his fights since that defeat, has showed enough in my opinion, to say that he is still a very classy boxer, comfortable at world level.
    The major difference is that at world level, Warrington is underdog in every fight he takes, it might suit him, but its for a reason. He's just about there, he scrapes into having the ability to fight there.

This is a good fight, because Warrington can beat Frampton, with the perfect game plan, however, I'd be unsurprised if Frampton won 9-10 rounds out of 12 in a comfortable victory, potentially by KO.

9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Good post, LD. I’m a fan of Frampton, he’s absolute class and you’re right, It wouldn’t be a shock to me to see Frampton beat any featherweight never mind Warrington. I just think Warrington has been underrated for some time now and doesn’t quite get the respect for his boxing skills. I believe he’s a level or 2 up from where some people seem to rate him in their conscience. He surprised people against Selby but he didn’t surprise me. I had him down for winning that beforehand. If Frampton does beat him on 22nd, then I hope he gets the credit he deserves because he’ll have beaten a world class opponent imo. I fear neither fighter will get credit though, it will get downplayed which is a shame cos this is a high quality match-up.

10. LD Boxer-Puncher

May 10, 2017
    Fair play, I would never have picked him to beat Selby, I probably fall into the category of underrating him, in your opinion, I just think he's a good fighter, who is capable of giving world class guys trouble, I struggle to call him world class himself though.

If he is to beat Frampton and prove me wrong a second time, then I'll certainly be singing his praises and backing him against anyone at the weight (except maybe LSC, although it would make me give him a decent chance against him too of course).
    I just can't see it myself

Twentyman likes this.
  11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks 20, it's a good job you weren't around here a few years ago !I gave poor MM a terrible roasting and drove his fans wild. I had great fun but I've mellowed with age. That was an excellent post by LD.

Twentyman likes this.
  12. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    [url]http://www.irish-boxing.com/warrington-coach-criticizes-moore-heading-usa-leaving-frampton-amateur-coach/[/url]
    Joshs dad having a poke at Team Frampton....have to admit he is making some sense though,,,

13. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Carl Frampton KO R10 Josh Warrington

lencoreastside likes this.
  14. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I've just watched the gloves are off and the fighter by trade episodes and my god my perception of Warrington pre this was that he was a limited loud mouthed aggressive moronic leeds fan..noooo he certainly is not he is. A really likeable and relatable kid..like a Hatton burns hybrid..with genuine percievable grit! War josh!

15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Why would you admit such a thing.?
    It doesn't reflect very well on you that you had foolishly adopted such a totally wrong and unfounded view of josh as a person .
    However your improved perception of him as a person won't in any way help him on 22nd, will it? It doesn't make him a better boxer.
    You might as well have continued to believe he was a crummy guy. He's still going to get beat either way.