Frampton's next opponent

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, May 20, 2018.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Ok but the problem it doesn't solve is WHO will Frampton fight in August? Even if he can be elevated to champ status through some administrative sleight of hand, both Carl and his very savvy home fans will want a big fight against a real star in August. Anything less than a top opponent and windsor won't work. That's the problem.

2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tevin Farmer is fighting Billy Dib for that title as far as I know. Not that it had any chance of happening anyway.

3. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    What did Warren have in mind when he promised Carl a big summer fight at Windsor park?

He must have had some kind of idea before he made this promise right.

4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Thought I had not made that up. Would certainly make sense for a lot of people if true, him vacating sooner rather than later

5. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    The words World Title Fight might not be written explicitly on paper, in a contract, but I think we can safely say that has got to be the implication.
    At 31 Carl doesn't need another stay busy non-title fight. He has has two non title warm up fights...Garcia and nonito....and I'm sure neither Carl nor his fans want to see him in a third non title fight. I'm not sure Windsor will work without a world title at stake. What opponent could he possibly face in yet another warm up fight that would fill Windsor park with big spending ticket buyers? I can't think of any. Can you?

Quigg rematch? No thanks. Kid Galahad...no fans, no appeal. Lee selby? Resting and moving up. Who is out there for Carl at Windsor park in August? Carl won't want to wait until summer 2019 for Warrington ...why should he ..he'll be 32, and Warrington might lose in the meantime to just about anybody. Remember Josh is still largely unproven. Frank could outsmart himself and trip letting the Frampton Warrington fight marinate too long. Some sort of unknown Mexican tough guy, impervious to Josh's taps could walk through him and wreck the script.

Don't wait. It's the bird in the hand. Make Warrington v Carl in August!!!!!

stittyb likes this.
  6. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    People like to have a pop at hearn but I am pretty sure Eddie said that when he was trying to get Carl back he said that he told Carl couple warm ups then he would guarantee Carl the Santa Cruz fight in Belfast.

I have no doubt that hearn would have delivered Santa Cruz to frampton

I am wondering if Carl only signed a 3 fight deal with warren and he will look to leave if frank doesn't deliver.

lencoreastside likes this.
  7. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Excellent points. I said at the time Carl should go with Hearn. Let's hope it was a 3fight deal. If warren doesn't deliver Carl should walk. After Carl's last fight warren addressed the crowd, hoping for a big roar of approval. The silence was deafening. Warrens a Londoner and the further he goes from London the worse he performs.

8. broadley2

broadley2 New Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Warren did ok in Leeds at the weekend! Anyway not sure this is Warrens fault. He couldn’t have predicted that Valdes would break his jaw vs Quigg and Santa Cruz has had this Mares fight booked for ages. Everyone then thought that Selby would easily beat Warrington and then fight Frampton in Belfast. Even Selby mentioned on an IFL interview last week that he was going to fight Frampton next after he had taken care of Warrington. I’m sure that was Frank’s plan! What can they do?? Non of the 4 champions are going to be available in August!! Just the way its worked out .

9. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    frank kept saying the winner fights frampton in belfast everytime he talked about it

lencoreastside likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Not sure Frampton is going to care about that. He signed as he thought he was getting a huge fight in Belfast.

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Hearn prob would've done better for Carl. Like paying step aside money to a champ to make sure they were available. Or making them an offer they can't refuse to come to Belfast.

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Really? When- I never heard that once

13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Have you developed a game called Hearn fantasy boxing for Xbox or something...?

Your not putting any rational thought into your beliefs mate.

LSC is not coming to Belfast under any circumstances - his father has made that clear. He’s been scheduled to face Mares for a long time anyway no doubt for much more money than would be available to come to Belfast.

Selby is/was with Warren

GRJ fights once a year and it’s doubtful he or Haymon would want To allow him to go to Belfast - and who’s knows whether Frampton / MTK would even want such a hard fight?

Valdez is with Arum/espn

im sparticus likes this.
  14. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    People seem to just want to slam Warren on this one.

Is being made out like Warren has screwed him hard, I don't think Bob Geldof will be needing to arrange a concert to keep him afloat anytime soon.

Dragon Punch likes this.
  15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    What Frampton needs is Warrington in August in Belfast, followed by LSC III asap wherever. The former is certainly achieveable and I've no doubt LSC III isn't impossible either. A promoter who ain't getting these things done for him is no use to Frampton. He hasn't got time to waste faffing about in irrelevant non-title "stay busy" fights.