Frank Bruno vs Samuel Peter

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, May 4, 2021.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  2. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Peter knocks him out.

Olu G. Rotimi and BCS8 like this.
  3. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I did a search and contemplated bringing an older make of this thread back. I’d love this fight. Two brawlers going at it. Something tells me Peter would force a stoppage. Even though he was limited, Sam Peter was just a bull with raw strength, a big punch and no fear. But I wouldn’t count out Bruno either. Definitely a fan’s fight.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    BCS8, Fergy and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  4. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I'm going to give Frank some love here. Peter was like a bull, with a lot of strength and good clubbing power. But oh my, he was raw.
    Bruno's better pedigree and better technical boxing wins it for me. He is vulnerable in the later rounds as we all know, so you can never bet on him for certain. If Peter can make this a brawl, I think I'd favour him. A brawl will probably favour his rough style.
    If not, I'll stick with Frank to get over the line.

BCS8 likes this.
  5. Fergy

Fergy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I see it as similar to the Bruno V Witherspoon fight. Frank doing well, clubbing him and winning rounds, then Peter coming on strong and stopping him late.

Stiches Yarn and BCS8 like this.
  6. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'll go with the majority opinion. I'd favour Peter 70-30. Bruno had some nice boxing tools and he could hit hard. He was also a bundle of nervous energy and muscles. Peter would likely force the pace and his superior stamina, chin and power would win it for him. Bruno would have to show better defence than he usually showed and land something big early to get some respect from the crude clubber. It's not to say Bruno can't win, he can, but he's got to turn this into a boxing match rather than a brawl.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Peter never came on strong in the late rounds , ever. His gas tank was far worse than Bruno's.
    Frank would jab this guys head off and win a wide UD / late stopper . It would look no different than the Vitali fight

8. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Bruno wins an entertaining, albeit a one-sided bout, while it lasts.

Easy W TKO for Bruno, (mid-to-late).

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  9. chico g

chico g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Bruno by points with some shaky moments.

10. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Probably this. I mean Frankie was pretty green at that time, i wouldn't favor the prime version of him over tim though.

Fergy likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Sam Peter by knockout. Who Necks. I love my countryman. Fast hands, solid chin and power.