Frank Bruno VS. Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ThePlugInBabies, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    quite a lot of similarities between these two. both immense physical specimens, both possess superb damaging jabs, stamina problems have troubled the pair of them, both are prone to panic when under fire (bruno more so i feel) and both have less than stellar chins (i feel wlad is the more shaky here), and of course both have highly impressive punching power.

so who takes it? is this going to be a 12 round jab fest? or does the mixture of big power and poor punch resistance mean we have a nailed on KO?

2. Luigi1985

Luigi1985 Cane Corso Full Member

Feb 23, 2006
    I don´t think this one wouldn´t last the distance. Both were/ are worldclass one-punch- artists, but I have to pick Bruno, he had IMO the better chin, and he was more proven against the better opponents...

3. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Wlad is most vulnerable when he is matched vs a fast handed / fearless puncher with a good chin. Bruno is none of the above. Bruno is not the type to press another man's stamina either, and seems to have some confidence problems in the ring.

Wlad's performances of late have been very dominating, and they include good defense, and footwork. I’d pick him to TKO Bruno inside of 8 rounds.

KidGalahad and JunlongXiFan like this.
  4. Mantequilla

Mantequilla Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Lamon Brewser wasn't any of those things either.A truly mediocre fighter.

5. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wlad's biggest weakness was the left hook, which I don't think Bruno Supplied much of. Sanders, Purity and Brewster all pretty much stopped Wlad with lefts. Bruno would hurt Klitschko nonetheless, but this is certainly a fight that Wlad could win. If Tim Witherspoon, Boncrusher Smith, and a jaded Tyson could stop Bruno, then I think a peak Klitschko, with all his size, power and boxing ability could as well.

I wouldn't put any money on this one though.

6. joe33

joe33 Guest

Id say big brave frank would lose,but he would give wlad a hell of a lot of problems,and if either man gets hurt,both would turn into mr roboto and that would be that

7. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    I was an Iron Maiden fan back in the 80's. In fact, I think I had that poster in your avator hanging in my bedroom about 20 years ago. :lol:

8. True Writer

True Writer Active Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Bruno would ko him big time.

9. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Can you elaborate on your reasons?

Frankly, I don't see Bruno as having the same tools that any of Klitschko's previous concurer's had.

10. True Writer

Mar 2, 2007
    Because Klitschko has no chin at all, Bruno would only have to catch him and its game over.

11. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Bruno was a right handed fighter. I dare you to name one fighter who ever KO'd Wlad with a right. I could name a few who KO'd Bruno, and most of them didn't have the size, jab or other skills that Klit had.

12. True Writer

Mar 2, 2007
    That does not matter - If Bruno hits him Klit is out.

13. Holmes' Jab

Holmes' Jab Master Jabber Full Member

Nov 20, 2006
    I'd favour the recent version of Wlad (under Steward) to stop Bruno somewhere near the mid-late rounds. His technique is definitely tighter these days and he has the tools, size and power to close this one out.

Any other senario and it's a toss up fight.

14. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    This is a very limited view of the situation and one that clearly did not involve much analysis. Earnie Shavers could have in theory knocked out certain men if he " hit them", but on many occasions didn't. Boxing is about styles, more so then just shear reputation. My suggestion is for you to get on youtube and watch both of these men fight, then once you grasp an understanding of their fighting strategies, come back and post.

This is how real debating is done my man.....

15. joe33

joe33 Guest

:good Damn once a maiden fan,your there for life mate.