Frank Warren DISSES Eddie Hearn

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Quickeyg, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    This content is protected

tdf1974 likes this.
  2. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Eddie Hearns is a mentally shot promoter. Frank is calling it.

3. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Hearn is the main Drug Test Failure Spin and Cover Up Man

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Hearn is on the ropes at the moment. I remember a few years back it felt he was making every big fight domestically. Now it feels like he is the impediment. His arrogance cost him Sky which was the platform he needed.

tdf1974, DON1, destruction and 7 others like this.
  5. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Why is he on the ropes? Boxxer and Queensberry's UK shows are still worse than Matchroom's. Matchroom and DAZN stepped up in the last third of the year. You're making it out to seem that Queensberry are in a better position than Matchroom which is crazy.

KermitTheFrog, Beale and rezzer like this.
  6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think his stable lacks that star power that it once had. AJ has been beaten, no other big names really. Warren has Fury who is his headline fighter, and has won the big fights he has been in. Even the good fights aren’t seen by the average member of the public, because they aren’t on Sky.

The fans and the state of UK boxing is the real loser here. Really feels like we are on a bit of a lull at the moment.

Punchdrunk1, Accurate and Beale like this.
  7. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Hearn's profile has went down the pan since leaving Sky and now he is very much out of sight, out of mind nowadays hidden away on DAZN UK with two dozen subscribers.

8. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    Hearn is desperate. His reaction to Fury-Ngannou was so telling:

"Fury's chin and skills aren't what they were, the undisputed fight with Usyk has no appeal anymore, Fury either needs to do the Ngannou rematch or fight AJ and AJ will KO him in 6 rounds. I say this with my chest, my heart and now my brain."

It's difficult to comprehend the stupidity here, which can only be the product of deep concern.

1. Hearn looks like the opportunistic sewer rat he is (and not even a clever one) by publicly exposing his plans to cherrypick a washed up Fury. If he blatantly desires to cherrypick Fury, to what extent has Joshua’s entire career been manufactured, avoiding or ageing/wearing out threats?

2. Why would Fury bother with Ruiz and Usyk x2's leftovers when he can fight Usyk for all of the glory? And even an Ngannou rematch may take precedent over a Joshua fight at this point given they fought to a split decision.

3. The Usyk fight has more appeal now that Fury looks a lot more beatable. Usyk was a 70-30 underdog before, now it's either 50-50 or Usyk will be the favourite.

4. Hearn saying "now my brain" reveals that he didn't actually believe that Joshua would beat Fury before, that he was lying at least since the Ruiz loss and certainly since Wilder 2. This makes the well-established ducks by Hearn/Joshua of Fury et al. even more clear:

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threa...ucking-of-fury-in-bombshell-interview.694541/

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/joshua’s-consistent-ducking-of-wilder-and-the-wilder-whyte-wbc-saga-explained.711576/

5. Why does Hearn expect Fury to be goaded into doing a snidey, cynical pos like Hearn a favour? If anything, this abrasive approach from Hearn is likely to make Fury more sadistic toward Hearn/Joshua, even at the expense of Fury's own financial gain. I can only speculate that Hearn is so rattled by Fury that his desire to kick him while he's down overrules reason and self-interest entirely.

Hearn is losing the plot. It's so dire for his stable that even when his main rival fighter has a bad performance, things still get worse for him. It's like a Greek tragedy where whatever choices the protagonists make, Hearn and his overhyped project AJ will always be doomed one way or another (if Fury had beat Ngannou easily they'd have continued blatantly ducking, Fury had a life and death and is clearly on the slide so now they'll probably never get the mega Fury payday and there's another dangerous contender to duck in Ngannou).

Here's another:

"Ngannou could lose to anyone in the top 50 or on southern area level, AJ would KO him in 3 rounds"

If this is true then Hearn/AJ better make the fight but by their logic they deserve no credit for beating Ngannou. But it won't happen and AJ will fight Charr or Kabayel instead. Also, if Ngannou's a bum then AJ's under a lot more pressure to get rid of him in a few rounds. And God help AJ if he gets beaten/KO'd by the 272 lbs UFC hulk.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    DON1, ZiggyBowie, Astro and 5 others like this.
  9. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Warren's biggest fighter has just suffered one of, if not the worst embarrassments in boxing history and Hearn's on the ropes?

10. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    Warren looking awfully smug for someone whose hyped fighters all took an L this year, or in Tysons case a moral L

I guess there’s still Nick Ball…

11. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    Yes. Hearn fears he's going to lose the giga Fury-Joshua payday/paydays because declining Fury has Usyk x2 and possibly Ngannou business first.

Astro likes this.
  12. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Now we know what Ed does in his spare time (Something else)...... ask me what it is.

13. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Cracking post.

ZiggyBowie, Astro and Redbeard7 like this.
  14. iestyn2020

iestyn2020 Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2021
    They all need to shut up, bunch of boring bitches. Matchroom is not on the ropes at all but there cards are not as good as Drama makes out either. I find most boxing shows have rarely no more than two good fights, whether its the low level or high level cards

15. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Yeah, nobody's following them any more.

Forget the fact that they gained 100,000 YouTube subscribers in the past year.

Forget the fact that DAZN Boxing gained over a million YouTube subscribers in the past year.

Forget the widely acknowledged popularity of the Misfits nonsense that will have driven DAZN brand awareness higher than ever before, mainly with the demographic who think nothing of in-app purchases.

Forget the memes and social media following Hearn gets. Forget the message board threads and several YouTube channels hanging on every single word he says. Forget the BBC podcasts. Forget the regular appearances on Talksport. Forget the Men's Health column.

None of those matter. As @Beale says, because they aren't on Sky any more, they don't exist and clearly only sports on Sky Sports can be popular and nobody watches sport off Sky Sports or is aware of anything off Sky Sports.

Saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true. Now if you want to argue Sky has a higher profile than DAZN? That's a fair statement. But please, stop posting unverifiable nonsense like this post. You're a good poster when you're on form and you're better than this.

kriszhao and DramaShow like this.