Frank Warren is deluded

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yes he does. The way he started going on about Fury's fighting style as well after he chose Warren was something you'd expect from some AJ lovers on here. Yes Warren comes across as bitter but Eddie is no better when he doesn't get his way.

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Hearn says that BT will try and put Galahad vs Warrington on as a PPV so will probably win the purse bid.

He says he suspects Warrington may do a deal with Valdez though and vacate.

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Absolutely. Buatsi has the amateur pedigree for starters and is fundamentally superior to Yarde in every department. I think Buatsi would embarrass him.

moog and Scissors like this.
  4. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I'm definitely not affiliated with Matchroom, I just feel like they get a lot of criticism on here for no apparent reason.
    Obviously FW doesn't promote Wilder but the point I'm trying to make is that it's us fans which are missing out on the big fights.
    FW wants big fights for Warrington but he also needs to understand that champions need to fight their mandatories and I think he will persuade Warrington to give up the belt instead which is a shame.
    Buatsi and Yarde are exactly at the same stage. In fact if you asked FW he would say Yarde is head and shoulders above Bustsi right now. Personally I think Buatsi batters him but no way Frank will want that from a Matchroom fighter. Same with Fury - FW asking for 50/50 with AJ which he knows is unrealistic. A 60/40 split has been made and they will still turn it down.
    FW is stopping these good fights from happening.

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Warren gets stick on here mate. I don’t think anyone is immune to it on here. To me these promoters are all as bad as each other and all talk s***. I wouldn’t believe a word any of them say. A promoter has to talk his fighter up but also protect him.

Again you’re assuming that Hearn has made the offers he’s said, you can’t take what a promoter says at face value. Whilst I rarely agree with you, you are always fairly respectful in how you reply. However, you can’t completely side with one promoter and not get stick on here about being a shill.

Potwash and Wizbit1013 like this.
  6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    The odd thing with this is that you ignore all the times I've been critical of Hearn. His handling of Kell Brook's career for example has been pathetic in reality. Took forever to get a world title sorted. Then fell back into absolutely shameful defences waiting around for Khan like a jilted ex who can't walk away. In a division absolutely full of talent he fought none of it and by the time Spence came round it was just too late. Getting to the stage where you wonder if he's going to be a guy who wasted his career.

However, I also find it hard to have a debate with a guy who on one hand seems to present a reasonable point ('I want to see all boxers paid well and rewarded accordingly') whilst simultaneously singing the praises of a guy who dissolves companies in order to avoid paying boxers, withholds money from boxers and repeatedly ends up looking to cheat boxers out of money they should be paid. Hearn can come across as a smarmy type and it's fine not to personally like the guy, but I'll keep saying that until he does something as genuinely bad as what Warren has done to several fighters it's a very different ball game.

7. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Careful now Hayers, you're living on the edge there! I don't want to see anyone get in trouble here.

How many times do you want me to call Warren a snake? They're all cesspit man, I can't keep saying it. But they're the promoters us boxing fans have been left with. I've said I admire Warren's recent comeback. He's in a healthy position now from an impossible environment for British boxing promoters when sky cut all ties. That's a valid point. No need to get so uneasy about it Tony.

I also said Hearn made bitter moves on fighters "LAST YEAR". Another valid point that only you would get upset about.

If you want to talk about the past, there's a classic forum on here. I'm sure 99.9% of the forum would like to see the back of you. I'm here to talk about the here and now. An action packed era that you can't seem to enjoy.

Twentyman likes this.
  8. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Warren needs to be respected because he stuck by when boxing wasn't booming and because he's been in this game so long. Just in general man, respecting elders is a British value it's horrible the abuse he gets.

But doesn't mean we can't criticise him. His stable lacks depth which has led him to protect certain fighters without us knowing if they're even good enough to be protected. He's also very out of touch and pays way way too much attention to matchroom affairs.

9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree mate. I don't think it would be the slightest bit competitive. I would expect Buatsi to stop him inside 3 or 4 rounds.

10. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Purse bids should have been today, but, according to Hearn, have been delayed until 4th or 5th Feb due to a legal issue with Warrington's side and the IBF.

11. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Warren says “Lee Selby was widely regarded as the UK’s p4p number 1 by all journalists before Warrington fight”.

He was rated reasonably high, maybe too 5 UK but not a chance at number 1.

12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I don't really think he was even rated as the UK's top featherweight never mind P4P number one.

13. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Frampton was certainly ahead of him.

Then Groves, Joshua, Billy Joe Saunders, Fury even though he was inactive

14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hearn usually knows what he’s talking about, but I’m not convinced he’s right this time.

The PPV numbers for Warrington v Frampton were obviously a trainwreck. This is a much smaller fight and I just don’t see BT being foolish enough to put it on PPV.

15. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t see the fight happening to be honest. It’s telling that purse bids have been delayed until after Valdez next fight. It’s a shame.

The problem any promoter has with Warrington now is that he sees himself as a PPV fighter, he will have got a fair whack for the Frampton fight so he’s not going to go back and standard TV for 100k in a possibly tricky defence.