Frank Warren = only putting on shows in Telford and London

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by MantraNo10, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    That's great news, the first fight was a real tear up - hopefully more of the same. Always game Baluta and takes a challenge head on, looking forward to this one

2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Yeah mate, i’m pleasantly surprised Frank has agreed to put it on again. He was not enjoying himself watching at ringside. I thought they would have taken the escape and moved Dennis a different route. Good stuff - I’m looking forward to it.

Bfcad and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Credit to McCann and Queensberry for doing it again.

4. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Hopefully the scorecards will be fair this time and it will be over 12 rounds rather than 10. McCann should have lost the first one but I’m looking forward to the rematch.

5. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    No chance it’s a 12 rounder IMO. I’m shocked that Frank is even doing the rematch tbh, so they won’t leave anything to chance.

6. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Waste of time if another 10-rounder. McCann fought Joe Ham for the Commonwealth Title scheduled for 12 before fighting Baluta. They’ve even changed the BoxRex to 12 rounds even though it was 10.

A good fight I’d like to see in the future is Dennis McCann against Shabaz Masoud. Unrealistic due to promotional differences but could be a big fight down the line.

7. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s not a waste of time, but another 10 rounder gives a little buffer for McCann. Although saying that, Baluta was obviously giving Dennis hell the first time and will fancy himself big time.

I hope Eddie can get Masoud active. Very good talent, but unknown and Team McCann won’t be interested, unless he can bring something to the table.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    DramaShow likes this.
  8. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    [url]https://boxrec.com/en/event/878219[/url]
    The card originally got moved to this date as they were struggling to find opponents for Zorro and Hutchinson. Just over a week out and still no opponent for Hutchinson after his win over Maderna. Abdullah vs Leach is an intriguing fight, but Abdullah is a lot bigger. He has mainly been fighting at super-featherweight and Leach was fighting at bantamweight only 4 years ago.

Frankham vs Davey seems like a 50-50 fight. Karol Itauma's level of opposition has severely declined since he got iced by Maderna at the start of the year.

This really should be on a Friday Night, like Boxxer's show this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  9. Webber

Webber New Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2020
    It is on a Friday isn’t it?

10. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    [url]https://boxrec.com/en/event/878219[/url]

This is on tonight. Not seen any of the Youtube outlets covering the weigh in for some reason. Willy Hutchinson got pulled from the card. Zorro is main event. I am looking forward to Abdullah vs Leach. They are being clever here as Leach has been fighting mainly at 122 and started off at a lower weight than that, but I still think Leach will outbox Abdullah. Frankham vs Davey is also a good fight although only over 8 rounds. I guess the loser will get binned off Warren's shows. Not really interested in the main event but I'll probably tune in.

11. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Frank just announced another Copper Box special.

Hamzah Sheeraz vs Liam Williams - Dec 2nd

12. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Decent fight on paper but I think Williams is past it and Sheeraz will stop him very quickly.

Will clash with Matchroom / Conlan Boxing show in Belfast. Queensberry's other show in November on November 18 also clashes with Boxxer's show in Wolverhampton.

Disappointing to have so many clashes between shows. There was a clash last week between Boxxer and Matchroom too. Not good for anyone.

Gregor1987 likes this.
  13. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    All these clashes are daft. Surely there’s enough dates and venues to avoid it.

I’ll probably watch the 2 Queensberry shows. Think Sheeraz v Williams is a good fight.

Frankie Blue Eyes and Beale like this.
  14. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    Good performance from Abdullah. Leach’s corner pulled him out.

DramaShow likes this.
  15. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    It was. I did predict Leach but to be fair as I said before the fight, Abdullah is a lot bigger than him so it was clever matchmaking. I enjoyed Frankham vs Davey. Didn’t tune in for the main event but apparently Zorro was in another entertaining fight.

Good show considering it’s on a Friday night at York Hall. Zorro is very limited but has been in some enthralling fights since moving to Queensberry. The second he fights someone who can punch though he’ll lose.

Beale likes this.