Frank Warren - Update

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, May 25, 2022.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Hamzah Sheeraz vs Vincent Feigenbutz at the Copper Box they hope to announce soon. Really good fight.

Andrade's team have provided no evidence of his injury, had done over 20k tickets (seems high).

Winner of Smith/Bertbiev will fight Yarde in the UK.

Thought the poster for Bryan vs Dubois was "nice"

2. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Also - thought Canello vs Bivol did great numbers for the Fightzone app (brilliant darts!)

3. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Also mentioned Torres for sheeraz who I’m guessing is Francisco Torres and sounds the more likely fight.

Andrade has to provide evidence to Wbo and not Frank. Given its come out this morning there’s no mandatory due until May 2023 at the earliest my guess is Andrade moves back down and takes a Eubank fight for a vacant belt the GGG May vacate

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Good fight the Sheeraz one if it comes off.

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yarde gets smashed to pieces and stopped mid rounds against either smith jr or Beterbiev

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    It's such a shame Yarde and Buatsi haven't been promoted very well as this could easily have developed into a big domestic fight. Then they can go get their beatings off the champs

BXNG101, Accurate and anjawnaymiz like this.
  7. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    20k for Parker Andrade, do me a favour…

8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Its not that strange

I reckon alot of Derby fans were gonna go as it helps the club and boy do they need help

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Warren claims it takes 60-90 days to get the the ppv buyrate on BT Sport lol.

Does he really expect people to believe such a nonsence and shame on Umar for not questioning him on this claim.

The buyrate would be known days after the event. They would know the pre fight buys before the event so the number of buys would be known and to claim weeks after the fight they still don't know the numbers is laughable.

Yarde will not fight berbitev or Smith in October.

10. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    It's near impossible to promote a person like Buatsi. He's as boring as they come. Have you heard him speak? He talks in more riddles than AJ. I don't even think even he knows what he is saying half the time.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Smudge_, nurological and aaaaa like this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Umar IFL Umar is just an idiot. His interviewing technique basically consists of "Promoter A said this, your thoughts?" Then he listens to the answer and moves on to his next reaction quote. Does not even dissect anything.

Special one likes this.
  12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    2 strange blokes.

13. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I find Warren's interviews funny and annoying at the same time because he just 90% of the time bitching about Hearn lol.

14. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Sad to say it but I agree with this.

Yarde just has not been active enough the past 2-2.5 years and the quality of opposition has not progressed and I'm sorry but fighting Lyndon Arthur one of the weaker LHW's domestically is nowhere near good enough to prepare for a fight at this level.

I like Yarde and am a fan but he is just being thrown into this fight because he has the ranking for it, and because it looks and sounds good on paper but beneath that what chance does he actually have of winning? He is not that young anymore and of course if you get a title shot you are inclined take it but I just don't see any positive outcome for him here and he could take terrible beating. Hope he will be paid well for it!

15. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected