Frank Warren's picking up

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Maybe realised that Warren did a great job (next to Top Rank) with Fury and that any promoter worth their salt would want options on a fighter to give them a big push. 2 fight deal on BT wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  2. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    I thought they announced this already?

This content is protected

3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Higgins..just sounds like the usual last minute contractual issue that always comes up that needs massaging

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hope this happens. This is one of the besr fights in the division. Both are ahead of Whyte IMO. I think Parker was very unlucky to lose v Whyte and since then Parker has improved more I feel. Andy Lee doing a good job with him.

5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Apparently Frank currently wants to tie Parker down to a multi fight deal. The money for that is not enough apparently and less than Parker was earning at Matchroom.

Frank is trying to tie it up so if Parker wins and becomes WBO mandatory that he gets that fight.

6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It seems like the smart play from Warren to ensure he/BT get a piece of the action if Parker wins. Either way, it’s gone too far now to collapse, Higgings is just trying to get the best money he can which is his job.

7. stm19990

stm19990 New Member Full Member

May 8, 2022
    His big fights are good but his undercards and none ppv shows need to improve alot

Astro likes this.
  8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    No Queensberry cards are scheduled after the Joyce Parker card this weekend. Outside of Fury Joshua, which will be a joint show with Matchroom, I haven't heard of any murmurs regarding shows. Since Beterbiev is injured, Yarde should fight once more before the end of the year. I guess Hamzah Sheeraz will also have one more, and Dibella won the purse bid for Joshua Buatsi Jean Pascal, which could end up on a Fury Joshua undercard.

9. No idea

No idea Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2021
    I would imagine a copper box or YH with Dennis mccann and all ibox gym.
    Not too sure of his headliners , Parker vs Andrade maybe ?

10. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    If Warren wins the purse bids for Parker v Andrade (think they're today) then that will be on November 5th.

The O2 is booked for Dubois on the 26th November.

Astro likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Purse bids pushed back to tomorrow

12. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    On last Friday's York Hall card (which I reckon was one of the best for some time) think they were talking up a Troy Williamson vs Sheeraz, which I think they've tried to make or talked about for quite a while now. Liam Williams got mentioned also. It was all 'wouldn't it be great if' so maybe there's still some negotiations to take place between QB, BT Sport and the boxers themselves.

DramaShow likes this.
  13. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bentley vs Sheeraz probably the easier and more natural fight to make with them being with the same promoter plus Williamson already has a fight with Josh Kelly in December scheduled.

14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    You know it probably was Bentley now I come to think of it. Frank's Friday card and the Wasserman one on Saturday started to blur into one another. Probably because Bunce and Woodhall did them both!

DramaShow and Smudge_ like this.
  15. Mike Cannon

Mike Cannon Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Frank " the rest of the fights are 50/50 " Warren.
    stay safe buddy.