Froch bulking up so he doesn't have to Fight GGG

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Jul 4, 2015.

1. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    'Prime Groves' get away with that will you. Groves had only had 19 fights when he fought Froch. He still hasn't reached his peak yet. Or was his fight with Anderson where he got decked prime Groves. Give it a rest.

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Thats what happened when you get Cobra'd in front of 80,000 people and its been blatantly obvious that Groves has not been the same either after parting ways with Booth.

3. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    Calzaghe had already said he was moving up. Frank ****** offered the fight to Mick Hennessy and Froch/Hennessy turned it down because a rematch clause was in place if Calzaghe lost which is ridiculous as champions always have a rematch clause in voluntary defences. Bika took the fight because Froch didn't have the **** at the time but I guess you weren't following boxing then.

Why should Calzaghe have stayed at SMW to defend his belt against Froch for a fraction of what he got fighting Hopkins when Froch had already turned the fight down once.

Funny how some people like to re-write history.

4. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    Yes but he parted ways with Booth before he faced Froch remember so by your logic who's to say a 'prime Groves' wouldn't have KO'D Froch.

5. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    lol :nut

Froch didn't become mando till two years after Joe beat Bika. Hennessy offered Frank a huge sum of money for that fight and he claimed Frank never returned his calls.

6. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Booth still trained him for Froch .He still had the Adam Booth style in the first fight. Its pretty much gone from him now.

7. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    what's the point of all this training if he isn't gona fight any body

8. glovesofcrimson

glovesofcrimson Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Sealed his fate now, you can't say you're too big and strong when the other guy has repeatedly said he'll move up or down for a big name fight. I have no doubt he's crazy enough to fight Golovkin, Froch needs to be motivated and this wrecking ball, he'll want to see if he can take his power (which he's said, so contradicting himself) and put an end to his streak or acknowledge the guy has the goods to be up the top of the pile.

9. Marv888

Marv888 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 11, 2015
    I doubt it very much.....but we could argue that groves would of had to work alot harder due to the way golovkin cuts the ring off.....plus golovkin is just as durable as froch and hisstamina is no problem as we seen with murray

10. Cap10Kirk

Cap10Kirk Active Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2015
    I agree with an earlier poster. If the fight was going to happen, it would've been made by now. I hope I'm wrong, but they ain't fighting.

11. glovesofcrimson

glovesofcrimson Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Why else would he post that, nobody thinks he's going to retire without one last fight when his name is massive still, huge paydays and motivating challenges still there.

12. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    :patsch

Hennessy had nothing to offer ******. Hennessy himself is on record as saying they turned down a then career high pay day. Calylzaghe was clear the A side and Froch the B side.

There was no money on the table without Calzaghe's name at that time so why should ****** and Calzaghe have agreed to Hennessy and Froch's terms.

It's as simple as this the fight was offered to Froch and he turned it down.

13. Godhead

Godhead Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
  14. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    :patsch
    No he didn't and he wasn't in his corner either.

15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    They parted shortly before the fight. A lot of preparation was done with Booth.