Froch stops Reid

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PrideOfWales, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    It was a crap fight, I must admit. However, everyone is talking about Froch like this fight told us things about him we never knew here before.

fact of the matter is as I have always said Froch has his flaws. His defence is awful.

However, he counteracts this by having a great chin, & big power.

Thats why he wins fights. & to be honest, I like the fact hes chasing Calzaghe. I may not like the guy, but hes got the X factor. hes arrogant boasts always make sure I will tune in to see his fights, & as long as he can take flush shots & land his own bombs, you can never write him off. i would love to see him get his shot against Calzaghe.

2. djb2009

djb2009 Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    froch is a good fighter but i believe he will be exposed by kessler definatley by calzaghe. hes got no defence and he gets caught to clean.

3. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

I think if Froch fought JC or Kessler, it's more of an issue if they get caught clean, not Froch.

4. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    thing about froch is that he can get caught clean allnight and still land that one ko blow in the later rounds (e.g. Froch - Magee)

5. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I would be surprised if even David UK agreed with you...

6. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Against limited opposition, but not against the better World Class fighters...

7. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    don't know. can't say until he fights a genuine top ten fighter.

the most impressive and brave thing he could do know would be to get himself a mandatory at Bute's IBF title instead of hanging round for Joe to move up and fight for a vacant title.

8. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Bute would just about be more dangerous for Froch than Inkin or Braehmer...I think he will go for one of these two, not the IBF route. But I would just love it if he fought Bute...he could have faced Lucian Bute in the eliminator for the title shot against Berrio, but chose not to do so. Still, Froch says he would KO Bute.

9. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    in all fairness froch's performances have improved in his last 3 or 4 fights,because there have been fights when he's looked terrible.i'm still not struck however,he just seems to be lethargic and is almost over coinfident.his defence especially with that low hung left hand is pretty poor and i just think sooner or later someone is going to knock him spark out with a big right hand.

10. Sundance

Sundance Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Yeah, but it won't be 'the grim reaper' Reid. Never rated that guy.

11. rossle

rossle Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2007
  12. Bodysnatcher

Bodysnatcher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
  13. Bodysnatcher

Bodysnatcher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
  14. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    Saying it and doing it are two completely different things. Froch has made a career out of shooting his mouth off whilst fighting nobodies.
    If he was ever serious about facing live opponents he really should not be fighting the likes of a totally shot Robin Reid. Reid got beat by Joe Calzaghe over 8 years ago, FFS.

15. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

I see your point, if Froch leaves his left low, he'll be open for one of JC's sledge hammer blows.