Froch Vs Inkin live on ITV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Max Molyneux, Feb 8, 2008.

1. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ****...looks like sky can't even show british fighters at this level, even though they have had exclusive coverage of froch's career to date.

they didn't bother getting the david haye fight against mormeck, and now the froch fight.

2. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Great news for us boxing fans and Froch. Hopefully he will get a win and put himself in place to fight JC. The JC fight will not happen of course so the Fight will prob turn out to be for the title itself. What chance Frank and Joe still have the belts when this fight takes place, just to down play the Froch vs Inkin fight.

We all know JC is far the superior boxer but a showdown between the two would have been great for British boxing, better than the grandad fighting tour JC is currently on.

3. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    To be honest, and thinking more about it, I am really glad for Froch. He deserves to have his fight shown live on terrestrial TV. It's bound to be good for British boxing to have a real banger like Froch on, especially if he dispatches Inkin, who will impress everyone as a very good boxer. Yeah, sure, there's going to be hype, and Froch is going to call out Calzaghe...but Froch knows it's never going to happen; he also knows, he doesn't really want to fight Joe, but he rather likes the idea of riding Joe's coattails, getting his name in the papers on the back of all his statements, and making casual fans believe that he would really have a good shot against Joe and that Joe is ducking his punch. It's good for Froch and for British boxing...as long as he dispatches Inkin.

So, I want to see one of two things:

I want to see Inkin prove a better chin than his detractors have talked down, I want to see him come in with a very good gameplan based on footwork, movement, not letting Froch plant his feet and swing for it. I want to see Inkin box beautifully and smartly...and then...a forced Froch KO after Inkin has had a chance to prove his chin, proving Froch's chin and one-punch KO power. That would be good! Froch would more into the top 4 spot, just behind Bute/Mundine, and would have closed the gap on these two...Froch would prove he has a shot against Bute and Mundine, due to his chin and punch, nerve, and will-to-win.

or:

I want to see Inkin put in an even better performance, outboxing Froch to an UD, taking some hard shots on the chin, but not allowing Froch to force that KO...This would show Froch's level and Inkin would take the top 3/4 spot, perhaps even equalling Bute and Mundine, since he has proved his chin against a very hard puncher, and boxed beautifully...

...but I don't want to see Froch take Inkin apart because the latter's chin is poor - it would just be a lot of hype for Froch...and would give Froch and his fans a false sense of confidence.

4. dwilson

dwilson Guest

True but over everything I want the Brit to win. Inkin should really out box Froch and I can not remember Inkin being labled as chinny untill pretty recently so Froch will have to fight really hard but I do rate Froch's boxing ability. It may not be world class but it is on a level where his good power, chin and killer instinct make more of an impact.

5. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Interesting that Thaxton is with Hennessy.

Many thought part of the reason Khan was withdrawn as his mandatory was because of his exclusive ITV deal and SN couldn't run the risk of Hennessy winning the purse bids.

I always doubted this as a credible reason - more so now as it seems quite possible both promoters could have come to an arrangement with ITV anyway.

6. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Inkin is chinny to the extent that he was dropped by very modest opposition. The fact that it was very recently makes it even worse! He might not be chinny, but he doesn't have a very good chin. Or does he? Bika was dropped and he has a very good chin. We'll see. If he does, and Froch KOs him...then Froch has done very well!:good

7. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Thanks. You do see guys getting dropped but some guys look like they are going to get dropped in the weight in. If Inkin is so chiny then Froch should ko him. I can not see Inkin going the entire fight without getting hit well at some point. As for the hype that would happen if this were to happen then it would be justified. Inkin should offer Froch lots of problems and hopefully will do so before Froch finds a win late.

8. box-now

box-now Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Good point Elle.

9. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Everyone who has watched some boxing will be able to see how hard Inkin is hit, when/if he goes down...we'll know if/how chinny he is. Let's hope for Froch's long-term chances at SMW that he is not that chinny...because he sure as hell doesn't have an iron chin...

10. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Worst thing for Froch would be a premature stoppage win or a controversial decision win based on the fact that he got a KD...I think.

11. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Interesting. I thought Warren had the only contract with ITv, it will be good if they can do what SHowtime do and sign fighters and promoters on a fight by fight basis, this will keep the standard up and keep guys like Warrena dn hennesey on their toes.

Skys coverage of boxing hit a real low domestically when Warren was fishing out WBU fights left right and centre, I think Sky signed a deal demanding Warren show a certain amount of 'World title' fights but it back fired, because anyone can fights for 'World titles' nowadays.

12. kurt2006

kurt2006 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Andrew Singh Kooner from Canada is on the undercard. He looked **** as an amateur and had no power. Can Hennasy get no proper boxers for the undercard.