Froch vs Pascal - Remembering this great scrap

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by anjawnaymiz, Oct 18, 2017.

1. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I watched this the other night for the first time in ages.

it was both there first real proper test on the world level for the wbc title.

a close fight with lots of good exchanges.

I remember it well, shouting at the telly with a few beers and its was on plain old itv

This content is protected

enjoy!

Gneus7, delboy82 and CutThroatFade like this.
  2. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    maybe lacking in technical skills this fight however easily one of the most exciting fights Iv ever watched. Never mind screaming at the TV live you still nearly shout still after watching it 3/4 times. Fantastic scrap no-one lost this fight both were winners as were the spectators !

ashishwarrior likes this.
  3. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Yea love that fight I've watched it loads

Just standing and banging both warriors

4. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    This was a cracking fight and I believe it was my introduction to the Cobra.

5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    It was a great fight, I was at this fight. Also on the same bill Tyson Fury made his pro debut, remember thinking at the time this guys going to be a future world champion.

6. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    I think groves was making his pro debut around this time aswell?

7. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Yeah would be around that time I think. Weird to think Mick had Froch, Fury and Barker in his stable back then. Watched a lot of Froch and Barkers early fights and genuinely thought both would be world champions though I actually thought Darren would have the better career out of the two. I believe if he never had all The injuries he had and the death of his brother Barker would have went on to be a great of British boxing, so talented. So glad he won a world title.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  8. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    I did too! When I heard he was kesslers main sparring partner for calzaghe I thought we've got something special here.

I bumped into Darren the Monday after he lost to Martinez, all bruised but still looking sharp in a suit and sunglasses. He took the time out to chat to me and my mrs on a busy oxford street. Really nice guy!

Russell and moog like this.
  9. Clark81

Clark81 Slumped in his corner Full Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yeah I was on my feet - on regular ITV at about 10.00pm

10. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    He comes across as a top bloke. It was a huge step up for Martinez fight though I think Darren was winning when sticking to boxing then stood in pocket and traded . I think without all the stuff that happened to him he would have been 10-20% better, at world level thats a huge difference.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I watched this again last night for the first time in years. What a great scrap it was. Both fighters abandoning their boxing for huge spells to just slug it out. I thought it was a much closer fight than the scores suggested.

12. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Most of the time when they were swinging froch was pushing him back. That for me was the difference. Froch is an animal in that kinda fight

13. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    It was a very gripping fight. Both guys were clearly very nervous but put it all on the line. Froch always did that bit more. Cracking scrap

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I'll always remember this night, I watched this fight at the famous Sports Bar Cafe in London. My friends all went home at around midnight after the ITV card had ended but I decided to stay the course as it was showing Oscar vs Pacman at around 4am so I just drank and ate and watched the American sports until it came on.

Stupidly I decided to walk home rather than take a cab and was attacked by randoms close to the Waterloo Bridge, ended up having to have surgery on Xmas Eve and Xmas day.

15. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    Ah man that is a shitter!
    I did the same at the sports cafe in my early twenties, can't remember which fight for though. My body can't hack the all nighters anymore unfortunately

Sorry to hear about the attack, bloody awful that