Fuji Terebi: Kai Ishizawa vs. Katsuki Mori RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 14, 2022.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Top of the hour. :thumbsup:

This content is protected

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yes, this is on three day tape delay - but I have avoided spoilers until now, so please GTFO with them lest I sic my buddy The Iron Sheik on you. He will call you a jabroni and tell you to go F yourself, relentlessly, until you tap out to his psychological camel-clutch. :nono:

(it aired on a domestic closed-circuit PPV that wasn't viewable outside Japan, making this its regular television debut)

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    We are live! (well, not really "live" per se...but...)

pincai likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kai Ishizawa vs. Katsuki Mori, 10 rounds @ minimumweight

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is for the vacant national 105lb title of Nihon.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

Ishizawa comes out as expected guns blazing, hooking at the body and bricklaying with a stiff jab into Mori's chest while plowing forward. Mori on his toes, moving spryly around the ring with frequent directional changes and rhythm-disrupting clinches, occasionally performing a half-squat and popping a double or triple jab while leaning tall and backward. Ishizawa drives in with body jabs and headhunting combos, busting through Mori's guard and walking onto a couple of counter uppercuts. Good slow-burn opener, really heated up in the final minute.

10-9 Ishizawa

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 2

Ishizawa pushes off the ball of each foot tilting in and leads with looping rights and left hooks, barrelling into Mori, stunning him. Mori settles things down with face jabs and hooks on the hip from a tight guard, staying in close to smother Ishizawa, briefly clinching and releasing where necessary. Ishizawa stuns Mori again with a heavy lumberjack right hand on the neck in an exchange while pressing forward. Mori having to flurry and hold for dear life now, may not escape the round. Slapping hooks downstairs by Mori between clinches. Ishizawa walks through a 1-2 and patiently waits for a spot, carving through Mori's guard with his jab and picking his spot to nail him with a right. Mori shoving off with his forearms to stall and then immediately closing the gap again to smother, all while throwing preemptive strikes to keep Ishizawa quiet. Another hurful right hand from Ishizawa lands flush behind a couple of brush-clearing jabs before the bell.

10-9 Ishizawa, nearly a 10-8 on sheer dominance without a KD.

20-18 Ishizawa

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 3

Crowd applauding enthusiastically as the combatants answer the bell. Ishizawa has the jab pumping, fists glued to his face and feet shuffling forth nonstop in a constant shoulder width apart stance while applying heavy pressure. Mori on the backfoot throwing at least twice if not thrice as much in volume and connecting on plenty of it (favoring impaling trap jabs and wide-swinging uppercuts from behind his own rear hip), but his punches doing nothing to dissuade his pursuer. Ishizawa throwing away diversion jabs up top and getting Mori to raise his arms, then lunging in with a jab on the newly exposed navel. Mori bravely throwing mega combos of power shots after every few retreating steps he takes, nose bloodied, harried constantly.

10-9 Ishizawa, closer

30-27 Ishizawa

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 4

Ishizawa leading with jabs and hooks, stomping after Mori, keeping his left foot driven like a wedge against the insole of his opponent's. Mori using his quicker feet to dart away leaving a breadcrumb trail of flurries and long spearing rights on the head. Mori outlanding Ishizawa by maybe 3:1 but all it takes is a single meaty hook on the liver from Ishizawa coming in via Warrior II pose, and Mori scrambles for cover. Ishizawa walks him down and lands a right, Mori badly hurt, running and covering up, Ishizawa landing more bombs.

10-9 Ishizawa

40-36 Ishizawa

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 5

Ishizawa walks forward, jabs and crosses bouncing off his fists and mandible, with Mori throwing all but the kitchen sink and keeping up evasive maneuvers. Ishizawa getting hit for stretches of fifteen or twenty seconds without even throwing a shot of his own, then finding just the right distance and uncorking a single right hand that momentarily short-circuits Mori and causes him to hold or sprint away to regroup.

10-9 Ishizawa, close again

50-45 Ishizawa

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 6

Ishizawa tiring by a barely perceptible margin, still whacking Mori with the odd looping right that rocks his world, but a beat slower on the draw than in the first half, and Mori having an extra split-second to scout and react to his punches, at least partially getting a glove in the way to absorb some impact. Meanwhile anytime Ishizawa's hands are idle, Mori's are going berserk in a prolific blur. A few scares, but for once their quality doesn't appear to outweigh his activity.

10-9 Mori, close

59-55 Ishizawa

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Mori now has big wads of gauze (resembling mini tampons... or inside-out nori rolls) sticking from both nostrils as he sits on his stool in a daze. Punishment is adding up but he is still gamely soldiering on, for now.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 7

Ishizawa has still not found his second wind and Mori takes full advantage, pressing the action with jabs and uppercuts at the head and hooks on the body taking initiative while he can. Ishizawa reopens the cuts in Mori's nose with a couple of short uppers and chopping rights up close, but Mori bringing the fight to him and landing a ton, much of it full-force, with Ishizawa beginning to show a bit of negative reaction to his punches.

10-9 Mori

68-65 Ishizawa

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Whatever the outcome here is/was, the story of the match is as much the heart of Mori as the sledgehammer hamhocks of Ishizawa. :deal: