Fury’s next fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s a joke because as fans we want to see the best of the best. There’s absolutely no need from our (fans) point of view for an Ortiz rematch for Wilder or another walkover for Fury.

In an ideal world for me

This year Wilder vs Fury next then face winner of Joshua and Ruiz, then 2020 face Usyk, then Whyte or the loser of one of the “semi finals” then going in to 2021 facing Dubois/Hrgovic/Gorman

destruction and Crixus139 like this.
  2. Crixus139

Crixus139 Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    I agree with your ideal world.

Problem is Boxing allows for potentially up to 5 world champions + a lineal. lolol

There should only be ONE world champion at any time i.e. the best! Joke of a sport but i accept it coz I enjoy it.

Unification/ undisputed is just exhausting and a load of turd but it makes money for those involved so meh.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    “Kubrat Pulev is a candidate to face Tyson Fury in the fall, per source, as Top Rank continues to build towards Wilder rematch. Pulev, TR waiting to see what the IBF will do regarding the Ruiz-Joshua rematch. Pulev is IBF mandatory,”

4. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I think Eddie is going to be frozen out by Haymon and Arum. So I would take Whyte and Usyk out of the picture.

5. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Whyte is mandatory for the WBC so not that simple. Also Usyk can call the WBO whenever he wants. I see that happening if Ruiz wins the rematch.

6. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Pulev is a Top Rank fighter so a real possibility. Bryant Jennings is also with uncle Bob and if he beats Joyce (which I think he has a real chance of doing) his stock will rise significantly especially amongst UK fans.

7. Kapparino

Kapparino EDDIE HEARN PROTECTION UNIT Full Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Speaking of Pulev, what ever came about that kissing incident?

8. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Whyte isnt mandatory, he is #1

9. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
  10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Papers mentioning Miller as a candidate for Fury's next opponent. Now that would really be kicking Eddie in the nuts, given the fact Eddie invested a lot of money into padding his record and setting up the perfect American debut for AJ.

im sparticus likes this.
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t think Miller should be allowed near a ring till at least 2021. I’d be disappointed if he was allowed to fight. Fury would make him quit or Miller’s corner throw in the towel.

I know i’m talking wax lyrical about Fury but he really is a very special fighter. I could go on about so many different aspects of his game but to just focus on his shot selection for a moment...the variety is staggering and with both hands, too. I was almost knocking one out to that corkscrew uppercut he landed from a few feet away. It was beautiful. I saw Teofimo Lopez throw a shot like that a few months ago but he’s lightning fast talent at 135ib. Fury is 9 stone heavier ffs.

I know it was only Tom Schwarz, but Fury really is a joy to watch.

Scissors, EJC83 and pow like this.
  12. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    It was class. That left hand is mean when he switches to southpaw. I only discovered he's actually left handed in the build up to the Wilder fight. That's why he's such a good switch hitter. Learned to box orthodox as a kid.

13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    It’s mad isn’t it. Much like Lomachenko who is right handed but fights as a southpaw.

I really enjoy a good switch hitter like Fury, Crawford, Selby (in his prime). Not ones who just do it for the sake of it and look a bit clumsy, but rather the ones where it’s seamless and fluid and it lends itself to confusing/offsetting an opponent.

Hattonmad, ryanm8655 and EJC83 like this.
  14. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Looking at it last night, I was reminded of certain fights in Fury's career. I think he's more conservative when he fights orthodox - almost impossible to hit but looks a soft puncher. Southpaw he's open to the straight right but his own straight left and uppercut look devastating. When he absolutely battered Martin Rogan and Chisora he fought most of those fights southpaw. Last night he felt out Schwarz in round 1 fighting orthodox and after realising the German wasn't up to much, switched southpaw and battered him.

Freddie Roach said it in the build up to the Wilder fight; Fury has a very powerful left hand in a southpaw stance. Problem was Wilder nearly took his head off with straight rights the couple of times he switched southpaw in that fight so he stayed orthodox for most of it.

What an attribute it is to be able to fight using two stances and two very different approaches.

Suspect.chin and Twentyman like this.
  15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    That is very true regarding the Wilder fight. As soon as he switched he got caught with a few shots and quickly switched back. That’s a really interesting observation though bud regarding the stances & conservative/offensive mindsets. And agree, there’s power in that left hand, which we saw in the 12th when he wobbled Wilder.

Hattonmad likes this.