Fury and Aj will never fight for the undisputed titles

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by AdamT, May 23, 2021.

1. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I have wanted this fight for so long. I'm devastated it isn't happening,but it is what is. I honestly think the fight is cursed and at least one of these guys will lose their next fight

Usyk has the skills, chin and experience to beat joshua. Aj has boxed very carefully since his devastating loss against Ruiz. Height have looked decent in his last fights in spells. However, he was fighting an even fatter ruiz and an old man in pulev who was very stationery

I have always believed Fury is the best of the bunch and thought he would beat Wilder 10/10 times after February last year. But say what you want about Wilders limited skills, the guy didn't quit, nor has quit any time he has faced adversity.
    I understand his recent training videos are just pads and bags, etc but he is moving so much better and he is very sharp. After the beating he took I thought he would never be the same again. But sometimes a wounded lion is very dangerous

I wouldn't quite make usyk or Wilder favourites, especially Wilder, but I got a feeling one of these guys will spoil the party

To be fair Joshua and fury will deserve it if it happens as they dragged their feet so long. If the fight had of been made earlier before Wilder got his confidence? Then perhaps we would have already seen it

One of these guys if not both are taking an L next. They have focused too long on each other for nothing

Eastern Iron likes this.
  2. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fury and Wilder successfully avoided Joshua, Fury never even wanted that fight...

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    If they aren't good enough to keep their belts for one more fight against other opponents, it raises the question of what was so good about "Fury v Joshua for the undisputed" in the first place ??
    Seriously, if they're not good enough to clean up all the other contenders if need be, then it's silly for people to get so excited about them facing each other anyway.

It is the best fight out there at heavyweight right now, and I like it because I'm a Brit and it is historic for us Brits. But in terms of them being the two supreme heavyweights head and shoulders above the rest, I'm not sure at all, especially since Joshua was already beaten up by Ruiz just three fights back. And Ruiz wasn't even in many people's top 10s at all, going into that fight.
    Maybe it would be a great win for Joshua to beat Fury, but Fury beating Joshua less so, currently. I suppose it would have some sort of comeback story element to it, since Fury was out of the ring 2016-'18 and most thought he'd never return.

In fact, Joshua beating Usyk would add something to the fight, in my opinion. And if he's not good enough to beat Usyk, then it's Usyk who should be fighting Fury anyway. Simple as that.

MarkusFlorez99, AdamT and JediPimp007 like this.
  4. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I just think Wilder and usyk especially are being overlooked

I still kind of heavily favour Fury, but imo Aj is still vulnerable and usyk is a top boxer

I think Aj loses imo and fury if not on it?could also taste defeat, especially as they have been so focused on each other for so long

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.