Fury and Arum Holding Up Fury-Usyk, They Don't Think Usyk Deserves 50%

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Jan 16, 2023.

Should Usyk Receive 50%?

This poll will close on Oct 11, 2025 at 9:23 AM.
  1. Yes of course, he's already a legend and has 4 world titles

75.6%
  2. No, Arum is right, he doesn't deserve 50%, he should accept less

24.4%
  1. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    The interview (almost 50 minutes) with Krassyuk is entirely in English. Timestamped.

This content is protected

2. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    So Krassyuks set the deadline of Saturday? He must mean next week (4th April).
    I Wonder why Usyks setting deadlines now. He must have other plans.
    Wembley looks set though, and Krassyuks very optimistic.

Sticking point is the split. Krassyuk even states Fury is the big tickets seller.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  3. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
    Not clear which Saturday, but since it's already Sunday, I also assume it's the next one.

Leeroy84 likes this.
  4. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    Yeh I assumed so as vid was posted yesterday. Thanks for the post dude, very informative.
    The deadline has me shocked really, and especially if the sticking point is the split. I'm hoping Krassyuk is bluffing and only holding out as long a possible before caving in. But we'll see.
    If the split is anything more than 40%, Usyk should take it late next week IMO.

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  5. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    Usyk's not negotiating though. He's sticking on 50% and has set a deadline for Saturday.

6. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    And he deserves at least that.

Look at the result of the poll, most people agree.

If Fury was a real fighting man and not a selfish greedy prima donna, he would accept 50%, which is more than generous for a man who is associated with criminals like Kinahan, who tested positive for PEDS, who backed out of contracted rematches, and raves on like a childish lunatic.

7. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Team Usyk are feeding Furys camp some of their own tactics...

gollumsluvslave and Leeroy84 like this.
  8. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    The result of a poll on an AJ fan forum means nothing. Facts are facts and Krussyuk said it himself, Fury is the big tickets seller.
    And I remember Usyk saying it wasnt about the money too. Liars the both of them, clearly.

If Usyk doesnt fold this week, he'll be back with cup in hand later in the year.

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  9. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    I Agree. I'm still keeping my hopes up that something comes up this week and it gets over the line.

iii likes this.
  10. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who is Fury having step in for April 29th?

Can't wait another week for the midget. Fury not fighting this summer is a career ender for him...he can't be inactive.

11. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    My bet its snickers boy.

Usyk may earn a couple of mil going through hell with Wilder.

12. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury will show AJ how you deal with Ruiz properly. That sells out Wembley easy. Probably reason why Wilder is over in Saudi he messed up his relationship with Fury and now has nobody to fight.

Leeroy84 likes this.
  13. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
    "The 34-year-old Brit can now command a bigger split of a smaller purse - of a Wembley showdown that is targeted for April 29 as the local fighter attracting most of the crowd."
    ([url]Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk at risk of collapsing with three opponents in line to fight Gypsy King | The Sun[/url])

If the Saudis offered 50:50 split, but 60:40 at Wembley brings more money to Fury, it means the Saudis' offer wasn't really that great. Anyway, one holding the fight is also Usyk, Krassyuk stated it clearly and honestly in the interview I posted on the previous page, saying he agrees Tyson brings more interest to the fight, but they want 50:50 because it's on his own soil. True, but where else this fight could take place? USA is not an option, because of Fury being banned there, so... Germany? They still don't mention 50:50 split and like 60:40 from the PPVs and tickets for that same reason, so mainly blaming Fury is legit, but Usyk is to blame to some degree as well, he agreed on lesser money than Chisora in their fight.

14. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    He's not though is he?

He's a boxing great, who has achieved more (in boxing terms) than Fury has at this point in their careers.

A superstar is something very different though. Tyson Fury is the international superstar, not many people anywhere in the world would ask who he is if they saw him or heard his name. The same can't be said for Usyk.

Obviously the boxing community is a different thing. But it isn't the boxing community who generate the majority of the income for such fights.

15. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    It's common knowledge that the money in boxing is in Saudi today. The UK is only the third best option - even the US is better but Fury is not allowed to enter that country because of his criminal associations. There's a reason the UK was never the target country. Sure, Fury will sell 90k seats at Wembley... so? That's peanuts, that's not where the money comes from. That comes from PPV which would have been just the cherry on top of what both fighters would have netted with their respective deals done with the Saudi organisers.

So basically, instead of two major income streams (respective deals for the fighters that are biggest in boxing today + the PPV sales), Fury's idiocy forces them to the UK where they will only have only one income stream (PPV sales) to split between the two of them and it is somehow supposed to not only make sense but be a better deal? You can't be serious, mate.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.