Fury calls Joshua a rabbit, but the rabbit is him. Just other two Fury's fights before bowing out

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Dec 7, 2021.

1. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    A $40 million step aside fee is absurd, even if it were to make a fight that would sell 6M PPV.

vast likes this.
  2. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    If Usyk great Joshua again, though, how does that work? Fury fights Joshua coming off of two losses?

3. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Fury vs Joshua will always be abig fight for the Brits, no matter if Joshua loses again to Usyk and Fury to Whyte. Kinda like Khan-Brook.

4. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I'm not convinced at the moment that Tyson wants the Usyk fight from some of the things that have come out in interviews.

In relation to the Joshua fight then it depends on how Usyk v AJ goes. If Aj wins even controversially then all good. If you loses in a close fight or on his shield it's still a big fight for the UK.

The only way it doesn't work is if AJ gets blasted out which out of all the other alternatives is the least likely to happen in my opinion.

AJ gets a lot of grief on here only some of it is warrented some is not. His problem as far as I can see has always been a mental one. He has skill and he has power. He did win a few rounds off Usyk so it isn't beyhond him to win another 3-4 to get a result.

As I said in a previous thread if it's 7-5 in favour of Usyk then Joshua will probably get the nod. As long as it looks close he will get the decision.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  5. Mr. Bunny

Mr. Bunny Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Why do these jerks use rabbit as an insult??

Brumsongs likes this.
  6. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    And he is backing out of Whyte fight now as well. Whyte fight is ordered.

7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Fury is a guy who will retire a bunch of times, disappear from the ring for a year here or there, yet will likely still be in the ring fighting in his late 40s because he is big and strong enough to still rack up wins when the mood strikes him and he craves the attention it brings.

His ego is too large to just become an announcer. His personality is too big to become an actor.

Boxing is his trade. His whole personality is wrapped up into it.

He'll retire after two fights like Evander Holyfield promised he'd retire at 30.

UniversalPart likes this.
  8. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Is it because he is "proper f*cked"?

9. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    If he beats Whyte and then fights the winner of Joshua vs Usyk 2 then i think he can ride off into the sunset.

10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Nah. I think he moves to America and becomes a celebrity or part time "actor".

If he stays in the UK, the gutter press will hound him till his mental health crisis kicks in again. The press here are revolting as are the "Establishment".

They're about to give Tony Blair some sort of knighthood......

Col Mortimer likes this.