Fury calls out Aj

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Yaiyr Alexander, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Yaiyr Alexander

Yaiyr Alexander Member banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    This content is protected

Lol funniest guy in boxing.

its time for Fury vs Aj

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Unforgiven and Serge like this.
  2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Lets go!

N17 and Surrix like this.
  3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    In a perfect world Id like to see Tyson in a tune up and knock some rust off... but with how fickle, unpredictable and unforgiving this sport is, cant risk it at this point.

N17 and Serge like this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    ''Well there you go everyone Anthony Joshua just **** hisself live on television. He got asked if he wanted the fight and he went around the bushes and he put his ass in the hedge''

:lol:

N17, Surrix, Unforgiven and 1 other person like this.
  5. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    The god awful hilarious sweater just makes this call out so much better.

Pompey Junglist and N17 like this.
  6. split_decision

split_decision Electronic information tampers with your soul Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I don't like either of them and I think Fury wins but I wouldn't be disappointed to see Fury get knocked out cold

N17 likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    This content is protected

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I would have said the opposite a year or two ago, but to me it looks like Eddie Hearn wants the Fury fight for Joshua, but Joshua doesn't want it.

At this stage, Hearn knows Joshua is at risk of losing any fight and the Fury 2-fight deal makes the most money and the most sense.
    Joshua still seems to be feeling the pressure, despite (post-Ruiz, and post Fury-Wilder 2) him being regarded as a slight 'underdog' now in relation to Fury. I wonder if Fury's already gotten to him mentally.

9. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    maybe. From other hand, maybe before this he might beat some uncle or small HW boxer and after this cash out with Fury fights?
    Fury looks that is not enough old and also he is LARGE.

10. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Let's see how this unfolds. When it comes down to it, I'm not sure Fury will want to face AJ without a tune-up first. And how is Wilder's court thing progressing? Might that put a stick in the breaks?

We're in mid december now, so a tune-up for Fury will likely come in March at the earliest. And then he will want another four months at least before facing AJ, so July at the very earliest. And if it drags on later than that AJ will at some point be excused for saying "**** it, I'll face my WBO mandatory Usyk in the mean time" and who knows if Usyk manages to throw the whole thing off.

11. Bokaj

Jan 4, 2008
    My guess is that the AJ camp will want to face Fury as soon as it's allowed to fill stadiums again (at least to a much higher degree than right now), but that the Fury camp will want to have one tune-up before (which is perfectly understandable) and might also have to sort the Wilder situation in some way. Such a delay is what I can see risking the fight, since I think both camps want it.

N17 likes this.
  12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm convinced it won't happen next, I think they'll "make it in principle" and blame each other and TV networks, the usual stuff.. the reason

I honestly think AJ doesn't want this next, I'm not saying he doesn't want the fight but that performance was average last night, I don't think AJ wants to go on to a Fury fight with that one performance in he last say.. 18 months.

Fury will be going in off the back of the Wilder demolition and AJ is getting some criticism for last night.

I am thinking AJ will fight Usyk next, try and keep that WBO title to make the Fury fight for all the belts, Fury will fight somebody half OK and they go from there.

I think AJ not wanting to talk Fury after the fight spoke volumes, I'm not suggesting for a moment he is frightened or don't want the fight but I think deep down he wasn't happy with what he produced last night.

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Also this, great point, they will want 90 thousand at Wembley. All the UK sponsorship and everything that goes with it.. access for News, Media, all the internet lot.

I know they are talking Saudi but the reality is it's a UK fight and we want it here.

So it would make sense to maybe have one more fight each, AJ can fight Usyk and Fury can fight somebody early next year and then do it in the late Summer in the UK and then the rematch in the winter in Saudi.

Bokaj likes this.
  14. Bokaj

Jan 4, 2008
    Hard to know what he feels about last night's performance. On one hand he might feel that he didn't press things enough after nearly having Pulev out of there in the third, well aware that he won't have any cruise rounds against Fury. On the other, he might take away that he got nearly 9 rds against a good jabber whom he dominated with his own jab, knowing that a fight with Fury will basically come down to who establishes his jab.

N17 likes this.