Fury can't help himself. He'll start showboating and Wilder will knock him 'spark out'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Honestly, I just can't see him staying discipled enough to avoid getting hit all night.
    All the Wilder Haters said last time that Wilder couldnt land any punches...well that just tells me he only needed 2 punches to break even.
    No way Fury avoids 2 punches for 12 full rounds.
    And what if Wilder can actually land that 3rd punch?

2. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Wrong forum

Also Wilder doesnt need Tyson to showboat to KO him. Fury is shot and declining daily due to his years with cocaine, alcohol and obesity. Age'd him 10 years. Wilder will win the rematch.

3. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    It is a tough fight to call. I agree with you somewhat. Fury cannot take many chances and he cannot be hit clean. I would think Fury will outbox him and show he is the better boxer but get hit with something clean and knocked out late. he barely made it out last time. Or Fury wins a decision and avoid it. They already fought so we sort of know what will happen. Sometimes in rematches we cannot tell but in this fight the first fight showed us how they match up. It is up to Fury to keep his concentration up.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Fury was deemed to be "finished" when Wilder decked him that second time, yet he arose to surprise everyone and impress...maybe, just maybe there's still a few more surprises that the Big Traveler has up his sleeve.

candlelitekid and vast like this.
  5. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It's one of them, Fury might turn up sharper and in better condition but it's all about if and when Wilder lands that right hand.

He has to be more assertive and try and hurt Wilder for me, take a leaf out of Ali's book in Zaire.

Potato80 likes this.
  6. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Yo

Might want to check this one out

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/excuses-if-fury-get-knocked-out.642543/

7. Oakland Billy Smith

Oct 19, 2018
    I think if he does try to fight like that it will play to Wilders advantage. The closer Fury gets he will be in wilders danger zone. Above all else Fury needs to stay out of range and protect his chin.

8. Oakland Billy Smith

Oct 19, 2018
    It's wishful thinking. Fury has been living a life of excess in recent years. Sleeping on silk sheets, appearing all over TV....it's no wonder the bottle and the buffet table got the better of him, and he fell into a deep depression from all the shame of it.
    Meanwhile Wilders been out there running miles at the crack of dawn, chopping away at wood deep in the forests of Alabama.
    He's become a man on a mission with only one objective in life....to knock out Fury, leaving nothing to the judges. For pride and for country!

9. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Fury doesn't exactly have a granite chin. He's been dropped by Wilder and much lesser punchers. It's entirely possible Wilder hits him with a right hand that he doesn't get up from this time.

kriszhao, Slowhand and Bustajay like this.
  10. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
  11. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Going by Wilders track record for rematches, one can hope that Fury follows suit as a KO victim.

He is bad for the sport, but I hope he makes it back safely to his wife and kids

12. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I just dont see it. More and more this feels like a Fury clinic.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    If I was Wilders camp, the obvious advise would be to swarm Fury early on, and just knock his ass out... Wilder knows what to expect now, in terms of the what Fury can dish out, so he shouldnt be afraid.

Wilder will no doubt have improved his accuracy and ability to land.

Dance84 and Oakland Billy Smith like this.
  14. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    If Fury looks anything like he did in the Wallin fight he’s going to get knocked out for sure. He needs to be light and fleet footed and use a jab and grab style to be close and work Wilders body and tire Wilders legs out..... if not Wilder is going to catch him

Dance84 and highlander like this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :facepalm: At that idiot reporter who asked Bootleg D if he thought that his experience fighting rematches would be advantageous for him going into this one because Fury doesn't have any experience fighting rematches yet. Except for the fact that he does, twice in fact and he won both of them via stoppage.

And Ortiz was a couple of weeks shy of his 39th birthday the first time he fought Bootleg D and he was 40 y/o in the rematch. And Stiverne was 36 y/o the first time he fought Bootleg D and 40 the second time and in addition to that he hadn't fought in 2 years and only had fought once in 3, a fight in which he struggled badly and was dropped by a journeyman. And Ortiz was getting lit up with right hands from start to finish by Christina Hammer in his previous fight to the rematch against Bootleg D. Whereas, conversely, Chisora and McDermott were both 30 y/o and in their prime when Fury fought them for the second time.

kostya by ko and kriszhao like this.