Fury can't help himself. He'll start showboating and Wilder will knock him 'spark out'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Jan 13, 2020.

1. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Well, first one is pretty obvious, I would imagine he will pressure Wilder a bit more, Wilder's power isn't as prominent when backing up. It's still there but it's not as dangerous. Fury can also fight south paw, I would imagine he might do this more in the second fight where he didn't in the first fight. There you go, there's two I thought of in under a minute. The superior boxer always has more room to make adjustments thats not really up for debate.

As for your point "I will counter your argumemt with the very real and quantifiable assertion that once a fighter suffers a bad KD, his armor never again holds up the same way, particularly when he's facing the same opponent who cracked his armor the first go around" this isn't really a hard and fast rule, Lennox Lewis vs Hasim Rahman springs to mind, so it's not really quantifiable as such, it's a selective rule you made up to back up your point.

Holler and Rilz like this.
  2. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    It's possible. But Wilder also likes to showboat. I remember him doing a dance while Arreola was hitting him to the body against the ropes. Maybe he gets stupid and Fury, who has hurt a number of heavies with bodyshots, lands a proper one on him.

3. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    People are behaving here as if Fury got smashed in the first Wilder fight. The first knock down was a punch in the back of the head and Fury recovered from that in no time and Wilder could not finish him off. The second knock down was much more devastating and even then Wilder could not finish Fury off even after clipping him on the chin with the right hand and left hook.

Apart from a lucky punch i do not see what else Wilder can do to win because Fury is the better boxer, technician and strategist in the ring. This time he will come in much fitter, stronger and would have shaken the ring rust off completely. Fury while no one punch Ko artist can do plenty of damage with his accumulation punching, he has 20 Knock outs and has made warrior fighters quit on their stool, demoralized after they realized they just couldn't do anything against him. If Fury lands a decent number of one twos on Wilders face, there is no reason why he can't break Wilder's nose or hurt him really badly to the point of making him quit.

What else does Wilder have up his sleep apart from that right hand? Will he be able to outbox Fury with other skills? Will Fury not prepare for the right hand this time around?

This is Fury's fight to lose

4. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    A rational, sensible assessment without bias. That’s a rare thing these days. Good on you.

5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyson Fury is doing his usual strategy of talking himself up as going for a KO, when his real attentions are to duck and run. He has come out and said he is looking for a second round KO.

I fully expect a super safety first performance this time out, he will avoid taking any risks at all and look to cruise to a UD win.

highlander likes this.
  6. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Long before and long after your goofy ass :biggrin:

7. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Fury would school him

however, i think it doesn't matter anyway, as I have a feeling Fury will be out cold Feb 22nd (I hope I am wrong)

Edit

Cruisers put him down so whyte kills him? Maybe, but I doubt he fights carelessly against Whyte

By your own logic, what would Wilder do to Whyte??

Whyte has been dropped/stopped and hurt on numerous occasions

Maybe he could get to Wilder first and he does have power

However, I doubt it and would expect Wilder to knock him out in one or two rounds easy

8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    and id be there to bet you that Wilder doesnt beat Whyte in one or two rounds easy

Whyte is more powerful and unique than any fighter Wilder has ever faced or ever will face

Whyte brings so much to the table and yeah he has been KOd and wobbled but when you fight the best obviously you are going to get hurt... and what matters most is how you come back from a KO loss and we say what Whyte has achieved 5 years laters

Whyte can take a punch, his chin is decent because he ate the most shots in 7 rounds from AJ than anyone and still stayed standing to return his own blows and keep it comptitive.

since the AJ fight ..whyte is significantly better in defence and power and ability

he holds his guard up well in taking 23 rounds of the hardest punishment Chisora has ever unleashed and we all know Chisora can bang because he stopped Takam Price and Spilka in less than 7 rounds and he wasnt as angry at them as he was at Whyte

Fury is awkward, but Whyte has KOd him in sparring and has the ability to land on Fury to rough him up showing him no respect as Fury doesnt hit hard. Whyte unlike Chisora is always game and always motivated in a fight, he doesnt lose focus like Chisora who is unpredictable when he shows up

whether Whyte wins or loses the other guy is going to get a tough ass fight and thats why people avoid Whyte because he brings the heat and he has the power to Command respect from even the toughest granite chins and rib cages

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  9. UFC2020

Sep 15, 2019
    A more disciplined, determined performance from Fury who will this time not leave it to the judges alone

10. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    This content is protected

Self worship & prideful, Fury has veered from his Christian roots, it seems from the outside looking in (imho).

11. UFC2020

Sep 15, 2019
    I predict a repeat of the Chisora Fury 2 and Fury Schwartz fight. Wilder is underestimating the impact Furys accumulation of punches and jabs will do to him. Fury will switch up from orthodox to southpaw relentlessly this time further exacerbating Wilders confusions in the ring

12. GeorgeDeservesAMedal

GeorgeDeservesAMedal Member banned Full Member

Nov 14, 2018
    GUARANTEE you Fury is able to make and WILL make the better adjustments than your hero Wilder do to having a MUCH higher IQ ;) Fury is a way smarter boxer. That much is OBVIOUS. LOL

13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    All Wilder has to do is increase the pressure and the ko will come. Fury is not that good.

14. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Disagree. Sure you could interpret it that way with any other fighter but fury has a special mindset imo like Holyfield and Ali for example.

I can't think of anyone except holyfield who takes the fight to the guy who just almost killed him a few seconds ago.
    That 12th round was insane.

His management may be cautious, but he himself is an absolute animal, a savage.
    Can't think of anyone else who looked that far gone in terms of how his life was going then he lost that much weight and fought wilder that early in his comeback.

I'm thinking that in Fury's mind no opponent could ever hit him as hard as life hit him

15. UFC2020

Sep 15, 2019
    Wilder was doing his best to put the pressure, Fury was too good and slick. Wilder realized from the very beginning that just blindly waiting and waiting for the ko was not going to work because Fury was not going to give him anything on a platter and he had to madly swing wildly to get that opening, the rematch after the first few rounds is not going to be any different. It is up to Fury to make sure he doesn't get sloppy for a second