Fury does not really want to fight Wilder again

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Glass City Cobra, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Do you get enjoyment out of Wilder knocking out bouncers and taxi drivers? Because I most certainly don't.

AdamT and BubblesUK like this.
  2. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Wilder landed 71 and Fury 84 punches which outside of the two rounds Fury was dropped made it a UD for Fury on 95% of cards and rightly so.

Btw he's been stopped twice by the same man since so maybe you need to get over that. No need for a 4th fight anytime soon.

3. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    well most people agreed Fury should of won the first fight so its a fair comment, robbery is maybe a bit harsh.

But you should get over the fact that this thread claimed Fury didnt want anymore fights with Wilder and in reality he knocked him out twice more after that. Dont run from that, embrace it.

Just be happy they were great fights with Wilder getting knocked the **** out.

AdamT and BubblesUK like this.
  4. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    hahahahahaha,

BURN SQUAD!!!!

5. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Comes to shake up the division by...
    Fighting primarily journeymen?
    Ducking Wlad?
    Ducking Povetkin?
    Ducking Whyte?
    Ducking Joshua?

Perhaps because holding a belt hostage and making no attempt to actually "shake up the division" is incredibly frustrating?

Look, I'd be fine with Wilder if he'd used that belt and accepted the fights he was offered, or if he'd used it to try and make fights with actual contenders...
    I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd done that, even if he'd gotten beaten and had to try and regain his belt (regardless of whether or not he'd managed it).

Heck, I even have a little respect for him stepping up from journeymen to the occasional gatekeeper level fighter in Ortiz or Breazeale - not great opponents for a champion, but better than what came before.

It's not that anyone needs excuses to hate Wilder, it's that one needs a pretty ridiculous agenda to not be incredibly disappointed in what he's chosen to do with his career.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    AdamT, Wizbit1013 and gmurphy like this.
  6. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    You have no original thoughts of your own and you're annoying and unpleasant to talk to.

7. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    Sure beats seeing Eddie Hearns guys needing constant rematches to beat obese Mexicans and 40 year old men.

Murderers' Row likes this.
  8. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

Hilarious!!

So I pick holes in your poor arguements, you don't have any dogma to fall back on so you don't bother replying to the difficult bits and just repeat yourself instead.

And that's all fairly par for the course on an internet forum...

But then you go and claim this is boring because people are doing exactly what you're doing.

And I'm the one that's unoriginal and not enjoyable to engage with?

Mate, I'll admit I'm frustrated but, with respect, there's some serious introspection required right here.

9. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    Fury did not win a UD. He got a draw. People made a huge deal because they were impressed with all the flashy jittery movements and showmanship and weren't watching the fight objectively. He landed mostly pitter patter shots and flicking blows that barely landed. There were several close rounds and fury BARELY outlanded him.

And I'm done with this conversation. It's old and boring and it's been done to death and everyone has their head up their ass refusing to see things any other way.

Never asked for a 4fh fight. This is a very old thread that got bumped.

10. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    I already said I was wrong and I did enjoy the great fights. This is an old thread. I gave fury his props.

11. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    And of course, you're the only one that's looking at it objectively, from both sides and certainly doesn't have their head up their ass.

This kind of hypocrisy doesn't fly mate, sorry but it just doesn't.

Oh but I forgot, I'm the rude one....

12. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    There was nothing difficult to reply to. You didn't poke holes in anything. I already debunked what you said. It was the same old unoriginal boring talking points I've seen dozens of times.

You are not clever, funny or interesting whatsoever. I even told you I'm not interested in rehashing these stupid back and forth debates where no one can agree on anything and you insist on continuing.

13. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    And yet you yourself push the same old tired, debunked ldbc lines and insist on having the last word - it's okay for you to say it one last time, but not okay for anyone to reply one last time.

Straight up hypocrisy.

And if you read back objectively you'll see that my tone began perfectly calmly - your continual double standards and rudeness brought this out of me (and honestly, that's not easy to do).

14. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    What on earth are you talking about??

I too frequent this forum and others on a daily basis, as well as social media etc.

Most people groaned when a 3rd fight was made, as again, the result of their rematch didn’t warrant one at all.

Okay, Wilder fans specifically may have wanted one. Sure. But not the rest of the boxing world. Everyone wanted to see Fury-AJ instead. Again, the rematch was conclusive, and it was poor on Wilder’s part to use his costume as an excuse.

Whether he was fully fit or not, isn’t relevant. I’m only talking about a lack of overall interest in their final fight.

Wilder had 2 cracks at Fury.

The first fight was a gift draw and the second fight was conclusive.

It’s that simple.

There was no public demand for a 3rd fight.

The lack of ticket sales had nothing to do with COVID. The restrictions had been lifted by the original date of the 3rd fight, and many other fights had taken place around that time. The lack of ticket sales was due to the fact that after the rematch, MOST people weren’t interested in a trilogy. The rematch wasn’t in any way close. The rematch had intrigue. The 3rd fight didn’t. Again, it was only accepted due to contractual obligations. Most fans groaned and instead turned their attention to the Usky-AJ match up.

I’m not hating on Wilder, so I don’t know why you’re being so defensive.

I’m just telling you like it is.

15. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    You're not wrong there!