Fury ducking Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Very strange

makes me think the sparring rumours are true !

N17 likes this.
  2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    quack quack quack

None of these guys want that smoke, Whyte is a tough night for anyone... win/lose... you're getting HURT

Whyte always brings the heat. Anyways, tune in Saturday to see how Whyte can improve on Hunter's failings against Porvetkin.

N17 likes this.
  3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I doubt it, it just makes more commercial sense (for fighters and promoters) to fight Joshua.

None of these guys are 'scared' of each other. I know people get a bit titilated and swept up by the idea of it - but it's not real.

velagod, im sparticus, kojak and 2 others like this.
  4. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    The evidence says otherwise....

Fury and Wilder ducked Whyte

AJ lowballed Whyte HARD

If they really wanted it... they would have just got on with it or been a tiny bit more accomadating.

Let's count how many times Fury has said "ill give whyte a chance if i become champ" "ill fight Whyte anyday, twice on sunday"

i can give 20 references to those statements.

5. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    It's just a commercial thing. If Whyte was a bigger draw then there wouldn't be these issues. I know you will passionately disagree with this, but Whyte is below Joshua and Fury from a commercial point of view.

There's not a huge incentive for people to fight Whyte and ultimately people want to see AJ vs Fury.

im sparticus likes this.
  6. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Well I'll just end with... Whyte offered Wilder 12 million to fight.... and Fury is now looking for a tickover fight...before he even takes part in a "commercially viable" fight

Deep down we know, he is getting ducked and has been made to wait in the WBC roster due to ducking

7. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Isn't the 'tickover' thing from Warren rather than Fury? From a promoters pov you can understand it. Whyte is much more of a threat than another Schwarz and Warren/Arum won't want to jeopardise the AJ/Fury fight.

As a fan I'd really like to see Whyte vs Fury/AJ/Wilder but i'm looking at it pragmatically.

8. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    If he vacates the title would be weird

9. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    And thats the difference here, the promoter is wearing the balls of the fighter for Wilder and Fury. They are pussies compared to whyte... who fights anyone, no matter how dangerous... for NO ranking benefit and everything to lose.

Whyte is better mentally and stronger physically the fury and wilder.

He is so good becaus he continues to fight the best...and challenge himself....

Fury and Wilder have stopped challenging themselves and taking risks because they arent real fighters...

10. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    It would be, but it might be what it takes to make AJ vs Fury in the first half of 2021.

You could argue that's why AJ and Fury are far more commercially viable than Whyte. Their careers have been managed like this. I respect Whyte for his resume, but he will never be as commercially viable as AJ and Fury. For a promotional company, AJ vs Fury is the far bigger fight and they won't want to jeopardise it.

The rest of it - that's all very well but is just your opinion. AJ and Fury are both in the legacy stages of their careers - the AJ vs Fury fight is a legacy fight for both. The promotional companies just want to get it made.

Aydamn likes this.
  11. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    If the wilder fight can't happen in 2020 he will have no excuse not to fight Whyte in my eyes. Big ppv fight when it looks like no crowds in the US and limited in the UK. Most money on the table and gets the mandatory situation sorted.

Work the body likes this.
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Click bait thread. No link, no quotes from Fury. Bored of it.

13. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Fury would toy with Whyte. The end.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  14. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Whyte went live and death with Chisora.
    Fury toyed with Chisora.
    Levels.

Coybig likes this.
  15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    To think I bothered to click ‘show ignored content’ to see this trash

Twentyman, ryanm8655 and Wizbit1013 like this.