Fury has said he may retire now!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Oct 14, 2021.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Fury only needs to fight Usyk.

Joshua would take a worse beating than Wilder did in 2 fights.

Dillian Whyte sucks. His parents were crackheads who couldn't spell Dylan or White.

kerrminator and N17 like this.
  2. Eastwood

Eastwood Clueless Millennial Boxing Fan Full Member

Oct 11, 2021
    Honestly doesn't shock me too much. I always felt that the moment Tyson Fury acomplished a goal he'd just get bored and do other stuff. I don't see him fighting Whyte because he probably doesn't see much in taking the fight. I also don't really see him fighting Usyk. Neither of these are out of fear but more just lack of motivastion. I'd still like to see him take on these fighters though. Because i think this Era could be one to be remembered if some of these fights do get made.

3. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    If he retires he needs to stay in America.

The UK people and media are toxic and it won't be long before they're calling him a "gypsy c*nt" again the second his name is in the headlines for something not related to boxing. Just look at the comments online when his wife Paris said she wanted to talk their daughter out of school and live a life inline with their Traveller upbringing. The comments were vile, racist and disgusting but that's British people for you.....ultimate d*ck riding glory supporters.

He needs to stay in America where he can get invited to TV shows, sporting events, WWE and so on.

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Whyte is a live underdog IF he gets past Wallin. Pa Fury maybe sees that and is worried but if he actually thinks Whyte is a soft touch who in their right mind ducks him for a career homecoming payday? Fury is actually better off in Vegas away from the old balloon.

UniversalPart likes this.
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He's going nowhere

Loves the limelight too much, his giant ego needs constant feeding from the fans and media

Now whether he'll fight the right opponents at the right time is a better question but I don't foresee a permanent retirement on the cards just yet for Tyson

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Whyte's shot was long overdue but that was on bum dosser, bum dosser's fairy godfathers Mauricio and HPS. However, he got euthanized in his own back garden by a geriatric moribund Povetkin's two fights ago and avenging a loss to a corpse which Povetkin clearly was doesn't cancel that out, even if he'd done so in Povetkin's backyard which neither he not E-Hearn would even entertain the notion of doing which was disgraceful it doesn't cancel that out.

Fury had to baptize The Tuscaloser three times in his own church to wriggle free from his grasp and earn himself the right to contest all the marbles and like Usyk he's an undefeated road warrior who has done things the hard way not on a stacked deck.

Usyk vs Fury is the final. They both won their semifinals comprehensively in away fixtures. Fury had to win three semifinals to book his place in the final. AJ, Whyte, and The Tuscaloser should be vying it out with each other for third place not first place. Imagine tennis players had to win the Wimbledon semifinal two or three times to progress to the final?

Col Mortimer and N17 like this.
  7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I expect Fury will retire a bunch of times before he actually does call it quits for good, in about 15 years from now when he's in his late 40s.

N17 likes this.
  8. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Whyte is mandatory, if Fury don't fight him, he will be striped that WBC belt and Usyk won't fight him because he needs to be undisputed and will fight whoever holds that belt. :eusa_dance:

kostya by ko likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    The WBC might make an exception for unification fight.

10. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If Fury retires now his legacy will be pretty weak. He needs Usyk and AJ on his resume to enter top 10-15 hw all time.
    If Wilder keeps fighting he'll get KOed again and Wilder win won't look that impressive anymore.

11. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Already did. they give 30 days to make that fight but since AJ will not step aside, Fury has to fight Whyte or vacant that belt.

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    He has 30 days then, we are on day 5.

Yes, he is likely to fight Dillian Whyte next. It's a decent fight. Fury should win quite comfortably, but it will draw big numbers and keep Fury busy.
    This is assuming Whyte beats Wallin, of course.

13. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Absolutely.

But I can't fault Fury if he's serious about retiring. He has done good work in the division, might have even broke top 15 ATG for some people, made a ton of money. If he retires early with his brains and bank acct intact good for him.

KidGalahad and Unforgiven like this.
  14. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Why doesn’t he just stay inactive until the winner of Usyk vs AJ 2 is available. Beating someone he already embarrassed twice doesn’t really do much for his legacy

Showstopper97 likes this.
  15. Showstopper97

Showstopper97 The Icon Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    If he wants to be the best he has to clear out the division. Fighting 1 or 2 names doesn't make you the best. Simple as that.