Fury in talks to fight Zhang

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wizbit1013, May 6, 2023.

1. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    I highly doubt it… Fury wants AJ level money for his fights now and the only fights that would generate that kind of money are Usyk, AJ and Wilder everything. He’s just posturing and playing up for the Aussies…

3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    No hating about it. Take the blinkers off.

4. djfonti

djfonti Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    It's definitely hating. You wouldn't give him any credit even if it was due.

SeanB1 likes this.
  5. Goober

Goober Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Just when I was getting my hopes up to see Fury v Charr

6. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    It’s Haye 2.0 the Dave era level…a joke.

Beale likes this.
  7. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    No that’s not true. He is happy taking £5-10m a pop in 100% winnable conning the public fights.

If he fights one of those 3 he wants stupid money well north of £100m if in Saudi.

He’s not silly picking up great money in meaningless tickovers is all he is after

BrokerNYC, Mr. Iron Chin and ALN93 like this.
  8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Zero chance of Fury fighting McKeen, unless of course then Aussies want to pay him £20m + which is obviously not happening.

I wish Fury would just fcuking disappear and wait for this Middle Eastern payout

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think he completely misjudged the reaction to the Usyk debacle. So many people in his circle of hangers on have been blowing smoke up his backside that he believed his own hype.

The UK public like and respect Usyk far more than anticipated - I also wonder whether Arum and Warren have also lost patience. He’s done this before, he’ll go where he feels he’s liked - at the moment (for some reason) that’s Australia. I remember him claiming Ireland when he felt he wasn’t loved in the UK.

10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    The British public don’t warm to excessive greed. The flash greedy types are not how Brits are. Fury endeared himself to the public by being a man of the people. Demanding 70/30 or you can fight someone else and all that talk has not helped him.

My prediction is some fake beef with Joseph Parker and then two fighting this summer

11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    No I think Fury is a man child who actually combines a huge ego with low self esteem and a need to be loved. He won't fight anyone with a pulse these days for all the money in Dubai but he's all over a handpicked cheeky £8-10m here or there.

12. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I don't think this is serious guys. It's just fake hype as he's currently in Australia.

And no, I can't stand Tyson Fury these days either.

13. Mr. Iron Chin

Mr. Iron Chin Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Who in under fcuk is this Dempsey ****?

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  14. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Seems that Arum isn't bothered about Fury fighting in America anymore. He's happy for him to fight in the UK these days and Frank to deal with all the crap. Will still pick up a cut at the end of the day.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  15. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    ive heard mckean is a top fighter top ranked he is as good as many of the opponents fury joshua wilder has faced he deserves his chance hes as good as many of the clowns theve all ready been in with as i say why not give him a chance my pal says he comes to fight hes a big fella top ranked why not its a warm up isnt it for the bigger ones you cant begruge him a warm up