Fury in talks to fight Zhang

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wizbit1013, May 6, 2023.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    If he was guarenteed to fight Usyk next and hadn't just fought Chisora it wouldn't be a total disgrace.

But as it is, it's just dross

Beale, ALN93 and ryanm8655 like this.
  2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Another crusier? Shows how scared of Usyk he is.

3. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    no no no no no don’t talk yourself into accepting a crap fight

this is the same as accepting bad scorecards with “i guess this is defensible, i had it 6-6 but I can see how you can stretch it to 8-4 like the judges did”

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  4. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    No he is happy taking 5-10m for that fight as its a light spar for Tyson. He only makes that in a stadium fight in the UK. He i running out of stadium opponents. Hence the check mate with Frank and Bob. Bob has nothing in US for him plus he is on the banned Kinahan list. Hence letting him come back to the UK. The truth is both Bob and Frank have leaked money on him and will not flood cash on another tickover.

In the UK he has to fight either a UK heavy like Dubois, Joyce (which was a done deal for July before he got beat) or a known name like Ruiz who wants circa 4m for the fight. The Chisora and Whyte PPV did not do the numbers they would like you to believe hence the zero stories coming out for months on end when the numbers still havent arrived etc etc. They know based off the last 2 the Ruiz fight does circa 300-400k buys and once you pay Ruiz the 4m he wants leaves Fury taking sub £5m once undercard and bills are paid.

He wants easy money for easy fights until someone pays him cash out money to fight either AJ or Usyk. They are having to look at alternative options hence a possibility of him fighting for the heavyweight title in Oz against someone like McKean. He would take £5m for that fight.

TBC-ASAP and ALN93 like this.
  5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Agreed. Getting 5mil to fight a bum is perfect for him. Unless he gets silly money no AJ or Usyk

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Nothing can shock me anymore in the bonkers, contradictory and hypocritical World of Luke Tyson Fury.

Beale, Brixton Bomber and SeanB1 like this.
  7. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Rematch looking likely for September 2nd.

Make or break for Joe.

Brixton Bomber, VanBasten and Beale like this.
  8. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    A real fighting man.

Win or lose credit for having the balls to try immediately and avenge his loss.

9. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    To be honest he has to rematch Zhang. He has nowhere else to go. Joyce is almost 40 and just lost to someone who people claimed was a “caveman” when Zhang was touted as a potential opponent for Joshua. I think Joyce will win the rematch but he was brutally exposed to be honest. I’d like to see Joyce against Hrgovic once Joyce wins the rematch

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    The rematch is no formality.

Takes a big man to go straight back in.

Hope the big man does it but defending punches with his face was eventually going to end in defeat.

Special K, Wizbit1013 and Punchdrunk1 like this.
  11. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    if joyce was brutally exposed being stopped by doctor then what was joshua loss to ruiz being put down 4 times mate and given up

Beale, Accurate and ALN93 like this.
  12. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Spot on Jim.

I’ve never rated Joyce highly but the current Joshua (trying to box and not letting his hands go) would be Joyce’s dream. Wouldn’t have to worry about blocking punches with his face because Joshua is gun shy as anything these days.

Ex Army Jim 39 and Beale like this.
  13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He was also exposed Jim

Beale, DramaShow and Brixton Bomber like this.
  14. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    People seem to give Zhang no credit for that win. Joe is as old as the hills, fights face first, hasn't a lick of defensive skill, and can't match Zhang in the power area.

Nothing from that first fight made me think the rematch changes anything. Zhang is a bad style for him.

TED 822 and Beale like this.
  15. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Asking for a rematch is absolutely normal, but Joyce is turning 38 this year and I doubt he'll have any more fights until he's (close to) 39. So it is a waste of time and I even doubt he will win in which case this is his career end. So my point is he should've aimed at some other top opponent. But it is funny how the overhyped Joyce got beaten by a man incapable of beating Jerry Forrest which now made Zhang overhyped.