Fury in talks to fight Zhang

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wizbit1013, May 6, 2023.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    If he was guarenteed to fight Usyk next and hadn't just fought Chisora it wouldn't be a total disgrace.

But as it is, it's just dross

ALN93 and ryanm8655 like this.
  2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Another crusier? Shows how scared of Usyk he is.

3. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    no no no no no don’t talk yourself into accepting a crap fight

this is the same as accepting bad scorecards with “i guess this is defensible, i had it 6-6 but I can see how you can stretch it to 8-4 like the judges did”

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  4. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    No he is happy taking 5-10m for that fight as its a light spar for Tyson. He only makes that in a stadium fight in the UK. He i running out of stadium opponents. Hence the check mate with Frank and Bob. Bob has nothing in US for him plus he is on the banned Kinahan list. Hence letting him come back to the UK. The truth is both Bob and Frank have leaked money on him and will not flood cash on another tickover.

In the UK he has to fight either a UK heavy like Dubois, Joyce (which was a done deal for July before he got beat) or a known name like Ruiz who wants circa 4m for the fight. The Chisora and Whyte PPV did not do the numbers they would like you to believe hence the zero stories coming out for months on end when the numbers still havent arrived etc etc. They know based off the last 2 the Ruiz fight does circa 300-400k buys and once you pay Ruiz the 4m he wants leaves Fury taking sub £5m once undercard and bills are paid.

He wants easy money for easy fights until someone pays him cash out money to fight either AJ or Usyk. They are having to look at alternative options hence a possibility of him fighting for the heavyweight title in Oz against someone like McKean. He would take £5m for that fight.

TBC-ASAP and ALN93 like this.
  5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Agreed. Getting 5mil to fight a bum is perfect for him. Unless he gets silly money no AJ or Usyk

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Nothing can shock me anymore in the bonkers, contradictory and hypocritical World of Luke Tyson Fury.

Brixton Bomber and SeanB1 like this.