Fury injured for Wilder 3.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ryanm8655, Nov 10, 2021.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    :lol:

2. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Big John Fury is pretty much king of the psy-ops by now tbf

3. Sonny1

Sonny1 Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Kronk sparring is tough, but it’s probably on a similar level to Wildcard sparring.

I do believe this as when you have this injury you cannot straighten your arm, let alone throw a snappy jab. Makes sense why he was throwing lots of hooks and fighting inside. Credit to him with having pain in both.

moog likes this.
  4. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    Also made him vulnerable to the knockdown- leading square on.

Sonny1 likes this.
  5. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Yeah, in Wilder 3 fight he started to look like Vitaly Klitschko, who fought Chisora. He looked like he was being held up by a duck tape.

6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't like Anthony Joshua but I've a sneaking feeling he'll stop Usyk in the rematch. He hit Usyk with a big right hand in the first fight and literally froze the man for two or three seconds. AJ didn't have the energy or will to jump on him there and then but surely he will if the same scenario occurs in the rematch?

I may be wrong. Usyk could also stop a more expansive AJ in the rematch but I just have that feeling.

As for Fury. Three more fights please. Whyte, Usyk, AJ and no rematches. Head down, train hard, live the life for the duration of that period and then retire. No doubt another heavyweight will emerge by that time but you've got to call it a day some time. Not getting any younger, abused his body and been in plenty of tough fights along the way.

Potwash, Jurgen and djfonti like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I think Fury should retire now as nothing left to prove, a mountain of loot in the bank and a legendary legacy that will be talked about for years and years after we have all gone. Will also keep @Mitch87 eternally busy taking apart his CV.

At most should he continue, he should quickly take care of Pudding Whyte then finish his career with a final fight to become undisputed champion against the winner of Usyk v Joshua.

The legend of The Gyspy King is simply an incredible inspirational story to pass down to future generations.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Hattonmad, Astro and Potwash like this.
  8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Agree 100% mate.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    The legendary legacy if in the last 5 years of beating guys ranked out of the top 40 and beating the guy with the poorest resume in top 10 several times.

I agree, Fury has nothing yet to prove, we'll maybe except actually proving he is top 5 quality by beating a decent opponent for first time in over 5 years. Dare I say it, maybe even stop turning offers from AJ and Whyte and fight them? Or Even actually fighting the best in the divison in Usyk?

Fury has effectively done a "David Haye comeback" and mugged off a lot PPV muguths off by beating very poor opposition. The difference between the two is that Haye actually fought a guy (Bellew) who beat a decent Wolrd Champion unlike Fury on his return.

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    All good stuff, @Mitch87.
    But can't you see by now that you are the only person in the world who doesn't even rate Deontay Wilder as "a decent opponent"?

KingKO likes this.
  11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Unifying the division is an absolute MUST. Joshua is a tit but he has to knock Usyk out because an undisputed bout between the two needs to happen, it might even eclipse the Mayweather - Pac fight

Jurgen likes this.
  12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    You are back on top form today mate

KingKO likes this.
  13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017