Fury is now looking like a candidate for GOAT.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by G Man, Feb 22, 2020.

1. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    No,.

Not close.

But if he were to beat AJ next, he would cement a claim to being the greatest HW of his era.

In fact, if Hearn gets in the way of that fight and Fury never fights again, he could make the claim without the AJ scalp.

2. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I think he beats all 4 and probably easily. Aj has a weak chin and isnt going to outbox Fury and likely wont be able to knock him out either. Usyk doesn't have enough pop in his punches and is at a severe height, weight and reach disadvantage. Same for Ruiz who has already proven he lacks the discipline to get in shape for a big fight. Even after Ruiz beat Aj I and many said Fury is just a style nightmare for him. Martin is just a joke lol

Dance84 and G Man like this.
  3. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Fury has alredy stuffed Klitschko and Wilder, Joshua would get the same. He is a limited robot similar to Wlad but not even as good prime for prime.

Bofo24, RingKing75 and chico g like this.
  4. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Very ordinary lot of Heavyweights really will be a Great but Top 10 ever...not yet I think.!!!

5. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    They will alwsys be ordinary to some folk so can never win.

6. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    except fury missed prime klitschko by years.

Jackomano, highlander and gogeta like this.
  7. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I dont think its out of the question but if he beats AJ and becomes undisputed its possible.

fistsof steel likes this.
  8. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Just an observation...some will agree some will disagree can live with that.!!!

9. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    His accomplishments are inferior to Joshua, I'm afraid.

10. thanosone

thanosone Love Your Brother Man Full Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Come on. Least be subtle.

11. shadow111

shadow111 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Seriously? What has Joshua done that comes even close to what Fury just did? I get he has more quality names on his resume, but losing to Ruiz has to offset some of those wins.

Johnny_B likes this.
  12. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    If you look at their combined best opponents, they are mostly Joshua opposition. And he has fared better in totality.

13. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    H2H Tyson Furyt is definitely the GOAT nobody from the past beats Tyson Fury, at 6'09" & his ability to recover from any punch.

He will take away range from all the past Heavyweights, Wlad a range-boxer looked short of inches the whole fight, heavier Deontay Wilder will also do worse vs Tyson Fury because he losses Stamina & gains nothing from excess weight, except the ability to absorb more punishment on the expense of speed/stamina (not exactly a good trade)

An energetic 210s lbs Deontay Wilder is the only threat to Tyson Fury, giving up lots of weight to achieve the speed/stamina needed to deliver the range abbreviating KO power punch.

14. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Oh please......Wilder has just been exposed for being the over protected hype job that anyone with half a brain new he always was. Wilder is a massively flawed one trick pony who's best win is Luis Ortiz. Let that sink in for one moment. Then go back and have a look at who Lewis defeated.

Fury's win over Wlad is more impressive for me as Wlad was more dominant and beat pretty much everyone relevant in his era. Wilder has a win over 2 genuine top 10 opponents and that's it. Fury defeating Joshua in similar fashion should Joshua get past Pulev and Usyk would again be a far more impressive win than beating Wilder as Joshua has a much deeper resume and been a unified, two time champion.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  15. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 Part of the Secret ANTIFA Super Soldier Program Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Wilder isn't a good enough opponent to validate that claim. He's a technically limited power puncher with a sub 90 ring IQ.

DoubleJab666 and mirkofilipovic like this.