Fury - Kabayel

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UKboxingfan, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    When it comes to Fury, Arum is calling the shots. Warren is basically just as a BT Sport representative and UK mouthpiece.

Scissors and Holler like this.
  2. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018

So the whole thing rested on a few thousand attending? Lol.

3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    This is the problem with boxing fans. How can you deduce all of that from all of the conflicting reports, with no clear evidence on the table? The truth is that no fans know exactly what is going on, so what is the point in getting wound up about anything?

Also, how can Yarde and Arthur headline on a Tyson Fury bill? It is Tyson Fury that headlines...

It is definitely possible that Warren is using this excuse to cover up for something else, though.

Inglis_1 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Makes me laugh, I’ve seen people say “Fury simply wont fight without a crowd because it’s Fury”, funny excuses.

5. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    To be fair, Fury fanboys are already deciding its due to a legal issues with Wilder with zero proof and it also being denied by Warren.

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I am a Fury fan, but you can't trust a single thing he says. Likewise, you can't trust anything Warren or Arum says.

If you follow this line of thought, then the only thing you can deduce is that it may be one or a combination of such matters.

Regardless, nobody should be surprised, it's Fury we are talking about here. He'll continue selling his merchandise and £80 signed photos on Facebook until he's next out.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. BritBox

BritBox Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    My thinking Is that whilst the Wilder trilogy is in mediation, they’re hands are tied and they can’t actually have an interim fight. Probably completely wrong though

8. BritBox

BritBox Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Sure I read December 5th is still going ahead with YARDE-ARTHUR main event

9. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Whatever happened it would have been nice to see Fury fight after a full camp with Sugar Hill.

As always the fans miss out again. These British boxers/promoters have given us nothing but shite since lockdown.

BritBox likes this.
  10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think it may be a little from column A and a little from column B...

The fight wouldn't make much comparatively speaking in the UK in a December market with a big PPV already well established. The timings would be useless for Fury's US paymasters and there's now zero chance of a crowd.

On the other side, what kind of signal does it send to a US judge mediating the validity of Wilder's rematch clause if one of the parties has already made other plans, which if he rules against them would breach the contract?

I think that combination of factors, little revenue to be gained, potential for damaging their case, nothing in it for Top Rank and ESPN, all made cancelling the Kabayel fight more likely.

They will still go to mediation looking to kill the clause, even if they're happy to make the Wilder fight if AJ loses to Pulev. Kill the clause and they call the shots on a new contract. Better terms, better protection, choice of venues etc.

Furious, Scissors and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    How very dare you use logic Sir!!

Holler likes this.
  12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012

Here’s what we know;

Dec 5th Franks Anniversary show was announced by him a few months ago and he said it was going to be headlined by Yarde v Arthur, which is obviously standard BT.

At that point, Fury was still pencilled In to fight Wilder in the US.

Fury then pipes up and gives the instructions that he must fight this year and wants to fight on Franks December show.

Frank has to switch everything up, most importantly the finances as it is obviously going to have to be PPV now which BT will have to approve and probably come up with some of the dough to make it work.

This also probably means, Frank has to do another deal with Yarde and maybe even Arthur.

It also changes the dynamics of the show - for example Top Rank/MTK has basically done a deal with Frank to put Conlon -Dogboe on the show before the injury pull out.

In regards to the conflicting reports on why It’s all gone wrong, I’m going off what both Frank and Arum told us, which it’s basically they can’t come up with the money to pay Tyson.

The Wilder legal situation makes zero sense and it’s not even clear that they are trying to stop him from fighting in Dec - just that they want there rematch

Holler and Scissors like this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I'd like to add further speculation that they were probably looking for a cheap opponent and even guys like Kabayel received offers that were not good enough.
    Also, coronavirus has caused a lot of complications and added costs with travel and training arrangements.

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Nearly all boxing fans want to see a top level heavyweight fight, so it’s frustrating when that doesn’t happen. If he fights Joshua or Wilder next in the first few months of 2021 then I’ve no problem with a fight with Kabayel not happening next month.

We all know that ultimately Fury is as motivated by money as the next person despite the rhetoric. He’s a prizefighter and from previous evidence he only really seems motivated by dangerous fights where there’s a real threat he could get ironed out. The numbers for a fight with Kabayel probably didn’t make it feel worthwhile for him to invest 12 weeks of his life busting a gut in preparation only to risk things like cuts etc that could delay potential mega fights next year.

We still have Joshua v Pulev to look forward to, along with Dubois & Joyce, and maybe Canelo v Smith.

15. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Do you think that Fury wanting to fight in December in the UK changed their view on Dubois vs Joyce being PPV? They would've known they couldn't have two in the same month that AJ fought Pulev. So I wonder if they decided to go with Fury as the bigger draw, made the Dubois fight free to air and are now left with nothing more than the BT free to air budget?

Does the timing support that argument or had they already committed to free to air?