Fury - Kabayel

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UKboxingfan, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Kabayel is a more risky tune up than I would've chosen for Fury given everything that's on the line for Fury and what he risks losing come April or May 2021. Kabayel is slick, tough and very competent and I think he'd box circles around Bootleg D's best wins Ortiz and Stiverne with those slick skills and movement of his and I don't think he's going to be an easy night's work for Fury either.

moog, Twentyman and Wizbit1013 like this.
  2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That would be good in some ways. Fury won that fight, but it gave the illusion of not being convincing due to the cut. Would be good to put that right.

With no cut and coming in at the correct weight (he was too light last time) he would win fairly easily imo.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I thought it was very much convincing. It wasn't one of Tyson Fury's better performances, but I couldn't give Otto Wallin more than 3 rounds.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I didn't word that very well - what I meant really was it gave the illusion of not being convincing. It was a comprehensive win but people won't remember that, they'll remember the cut and automatically assume Fury was struggling.

Safin likes this.
  5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I had Wallin winning 4 rounds, with there also been some very close in Fury favour. Had there been no pressure for the Wilder rematch I think the ref would have stopped the fight and Wallin won due to Fury terrible cut (we've seen fights stopped on cut no where near as bad)

Far from a convincing peformance against a guy who best win was a points win over a soemone Dimitrenko KOed in the 1st round.

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    People bring this up all of the time, as if this in itself is a conclusive way to win a bout, when it's anything but. Conversely, this would have been a ridiculously unlucky way for the bout to have been stopped, as demonstrated by the way it unfolded, which was a fairly straight forward win. If you give Otto Wallin 4 rounds, then he was nowhere near a deserving winner, losing convincingly (i.e. there is no doubt that Tyson Fury won the bout), despite Tyson Fury being far from his best in the first place and having cut him early in the bout - it's his fault he did not capitalise, having to resort to literally trying to muddle the cut with his glove.

Boxing fans never cease to amaze. It's as if they think that boxers should perform their best in every contest. The fact of the matter is that the most difficult thing Tyson Fury had to manage that night was the cut and despite only being able to see out of one eye, he managed to win wide on the cards. Job done and then a demolition job against Deontay Wilder. Tyson Fury is a man who rises to the occasion and has managed to peak at the right times.

Gatekeeper and Furious like this.
  7. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    It's what makes the Joshua fight particularly intriguing. Both will bring their "A game". Has to happen in 2021 - ideally in the first 6 months. Both in their prime, both ready - in theory both should get through their next fights with relative ease.

Stylistically it's a really interesting matchup too.

BitPlayerVesti and Safin like this.
  8. Tyistall

Tyistall Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2018
    So you proved me right then. Got it

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Still no official confirmation.

3 weeks to go !

11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Rumours from Pudding Zone is that Toe Haye and Pudding Chisora are making their case for another pay per pudding - Toe Haye in the best shape of his life having recovered from all his career ending injuries and Pudding Chisora claiming that he is plodding better than he has ever plodded.

Unforgiven and Safin like this.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Worryingly the WBC have suddenly returned Takam to their Top 15 this month...

Scissors likes this.
  13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I'd be happy with Takam. As we saw Wallin pressure cause Fury problems, imagine the issues a higher pressure fighter in Takam, a bigger volume puncher, with better head movement, better foot work, carrys more power than Wallin too.

Takam would easily be amongst one Furys best ever opponents he has beaten.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    There has been a Matchrolm lead agenda to belittle Kayabel. He is a very good fighter, you can tell by the fact Chisora and Matchroom never went near him again after he toyed with Chisora. It was like he never existed till now. His movement would give 99% of heavyweights nightmares, but not Fury. I think it will be close for a few rounds but then Furys size will help him take over. But the Matchroom narrative that Kayabel is a pudding is nonsense.

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Takam's an old man.