Fury knew Wilder didn`t want a rematch when he didn`t answer his texts

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Do you think Wilder speaks well in interviews though?

2. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    My first reaction was that the ref wasn`t going to wave it off it didn`t even enter my mind I was just waiting to see if Fury could recover, it would have been a mistake to wave it off and quickly after the stoppage Fury would have jumped straight up.

Yatezy likes this.
  3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    No, there's a very very small percentage that think this, and its that small that its irrelevant and no action took for his handling of the current NO1 Heavyweight Tyson Fury...
    Nice to hear imo, the ref should care for a fighters safety, I hope stroked Ty's face when uttered them beautiful words too
    Weathered the strorm ????? Lol, it was Storm Fury when the fight resumed, Wilder was on dodgy legs when the bell ended the fight !

Mr Icaman and mark ant like this.
  4. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    sort of like how we knew Floyd ducked Manny. No matter what the stories were, you know it was Floyd.

Birmingham likes this.
  5. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Oh boy, the Internet investigators are on to me. Yes Kirk. A lot of people in America, especially in the in the black community, are well aware of who Wilder is.
    But hey, I am sure you are in a position to speak with absolute certainty about the people I encounter in my life. So maybe it was all just a dream.

mark ant likes this.
  6. BoxingDomain

BoxingDomain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Who knows what really happened....but, if Fury was forced to turn down an immediate Wilder fight by ESPN, can you blame him??

It's common sense ESPN wouldn't want that fight first, as there's a high chance Fury could lose and they want to build UP to that fight (or Joshua), with Fury's fight deal.

So....who wouldn't take the $80 million from ESPN and agree to fight Wilder later...I know I would. You would too.

Mr Icaman likes this.
  7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    :risas3:

8. mark ant

May 4, 2017

9. fighter86

fighter86 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 17, 2006
    BLACK AMERICANS FANS WILL ALWAYS BE BY HIS SIDE. WHAT FANS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Why will black Americans always back Wilder?

11. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    American fans, black Americans included. There were a lot of people who believed he was the real deal, best American heavy since Ali etc etc due to talking heads on tv. Then they saw the fight against an actual top operator and learned a harsh reality.

Holler, kiwi_boxer and mark ant like this.
  12. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Yep wisely Fury walked away from another loaded deck and most likely would have got robbed again.

He decided that he wasn’t going to fight on Wilders show Wilder can come on his.

Fury has been on others shows often enough and at least Wlad didn’t rob him..

Those who are not rabbid Wilder fanbois know it was the smart thing to do.

Really he is the WBC champ already.

Holler likes this.
  13. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    i never once heard anyone say he was the best American HW since Ali. he was mostly not mentioned outside of boxing telecasts.

escudo likes this.
  14. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    It's pretty difficult to imagine anyone turning down the ESPN contract, just like if Wilder signs with DAZN. Wilder has a long history of being exposed for putting up roadblocks and barriers to matches. That has been documented. I'm not blaming him for this, but it has in fact been documented previously and thus does warrant suspicion.

15. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    they both have a history of roadblocks and barriers to matches. neither guy is exactly a "takes on all comers" kinda fighter.