Fury needs to recreate Tyson's Spinks ringwalk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Jan 20, 2021.

1. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Laughable is exactly the right choice of words.

2. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I know one guy who is terrified of him...Wilder lol

3. TFP

TFP Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Fair play to him, honestly. Spinks was a very good champion but by no means a natural, or even particularly serious proposition at, heavyweight.

Tyson was noticably the bigger guy in that fight, outweighed him handily, and I don't think there's ever been, or that it's particularly likely there ever will be, a fighter who could concede size advantage to mid 80s Tyson and have any kind of realistic chance of winning.

Finkel and Ted Stickles like this.
  4. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Tyson is right up there with peak Foreman and Liston. The guys who had oppenent beat just by fookin looking their way!!
    Fury s never going to intimidate like his name sake.

oldcanvasback and Bokaj like this.
  5. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Ain't nobody scared of Fury. Even Wilder got his *** kicked and he still wants to fight him again.

For all his sheer size and above average speed, his clown antics take away any intimidation aspect. It also doesn't help that Fury doesn't even bother to hit a pull up bar. I've seen women at the gym who look more masculine than Fury

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Not the Anthony Joshua entrance versus Sprott, where he came out to the 'Casualty' theme tune? :risas3:

That would've been ideal for the first Ruiz bout, where he was dropped 4 times by the 5'10'' pudding.

7. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Wlad Klitschko was a historically dominant champion fighting at home, heavily favoured against his underdog opponent but the psychological demolition that Fury laid on him left him badly shaken and to some degree paralysed in the ring. AJ is if anything mentally weaker than Wlad, obviously intimidated by Fury and going in as an underdog for the first time, in the minds of the public and in his own mind. He knows the pain and humiliation of being bashed-up, splattered all over the canvas and made to quit, he knows he is vulnerable and he knows that Fury is the better fighter. AJ doesn't want any smoke and would rather fight Usyk but he's been pressured into taking the fight by cynical moneymen like Eddie Hearn, who stand to gain either way. The mental beatdown that precedes the physical beatdown will have Femi crying in the changing room, terrified of what's about to unfold.

8. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    We shall have to see.

However if either fighter is crying, it will be a certainty they will be crying all the way to the bank, as the money both AJ and Fury make will be off the scale, lets say neither will be requiring social security payments from the govt.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  9. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    Money is nice (though they already have 10's of millions) but being smashed to pieces at the highest level for the whole world to see must be an unimaginably painful and humiliating experience, something that can haunt you for the rest of your life. Big ard Femi was reduced to a blubbering mess, hiding in his apartment eating ice cream for several days after his destruction at the hands of that tub of lard Ruiz. Being psychologically dominated and beaten-up is bad enough but modern technology amplifies the negative effects a hundredfold.

10. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Has not fought in 97 days!

11. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Was it not Fury who after actually winning went on a eating, drinking and drug binge, saying he wanted to die blah blah, resulting in him giving up the titles? So psychological mess i think might fit Fury that little bit more.

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    That Tyson ringwalk against Spinks is one of my favourites,

No gown, no towel, just shorts, boots and gloves, walking to the ring and it's Tysons calmness that unsettles me, all the security and police running around, it looks like chaos but Tyson looks in complete control, almost zero emotion.

That's just frightening, Spinks was beaten before the first bell, no shame in that, I would have been beaten before I signed the contract.

13. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    Fury is mentally erratic but not mentally weak (relatively) in the sense Joshua is. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Fury goes off the deep end again after he retires and loses his sense of purpose. But in the fight game, no one is as psychologically strong or dominant.

14. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    Damn I forgot about @Aydamn lol I wonder if he'll come back if Whyte beats Povetkin in the rematch lol.

mark ant likes this.
  15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He should come out dressed like wilder did except with weights