Fury on twitter claiming that Wilder is holding things up

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Bob Arum didn't say the money wasn't there.

Far from that.

He said the gate for the last fight brought in $20 million. And he doesn't want to hold the fight without a live audience and miss out on another $20 million in tickets being sold.

That is why they reserved the new stadium. If people have to remain at a distance, they can still sell the same number of tickets as last time and spread people out.

The fight continues to be penciled in for Dec. 19.

2. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Deontay's training in the Hyperbaric Time Chamber with his fellow bomb squad members, and will be ready for Fury later on in the year. I sense panic among the gypsy camp, that maybe they fear a newly improved rejuvenated bronze bomber will be emerging from the mist in his new shiny costume!

Carl Weathers likes this.
  3. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    The truth is arum is right without a crowd this fight loses huge amounts on revenue

If I were fury or wilder I aint doing this fight till the millions available on the gate is ready again.

4. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    The stupidity of his brother has no bounds.

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am definitely hearing various people saying that this is not a done deal.

6. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    It all depends on how COVID goes, basically. If fans are allowed to attend, they'll hold it. If fans aren't, they'll push it back. Arum wants a live gate. That's why they pushed it back to the last weekend in the year they could before the holidays. To give as much time as possible.

If NFL fans are attending games in late November/early December in Nevada, the fight will happen.

Depends on the governor of Nevada, really. The governor of each state decides how many people can attend gathereings in their state. Every state is different.

7. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I mean, you are more or less saying what I am saying. Arum said that the money isn't there because of Covid.

We are not in disagreement.

8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    You've been saying the money isn't there because no one wants to see a third fight. That's not the case.

They want to wait so they can have a live gate because THEY KNOW people will attend if they can. They don't want to leave $20 million in ticket sales behind. That's why they have reserved a football stadium, so they can still sell 20,000 or 30,000 tickets and keep people six feet apart.

But it will be up to the governor of the state if 20,000 or 30,000 people can gather in one place. And we're still roughly four months out.

9. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't think I said it this time, but its not relevant. The fight is in danger.

10. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    No, it's not "IN DANGER." Arum has said over and over and over again that Wilder and Fury is next. If it is in December, it's in December. If it is in February, it is in February.

It's in LESS danger right now because there is no mandatory. Whyte lost.

So there is no pressure to hurry it along.

11. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    Dubble...I don't want to get into it with you today. You aren't that bad, and I would like to bury the hatchet. But the point of the thread is that Fury (and Warren) are saying that the match IS in danger, and I am trying to figure out why.