Fury pithced a masterclass in the second fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by LandSwarm, Oct 16, 2021.

1. LandSwarm

LandSwarm New Member banned Full Member

Oct 13, 2021
    this one was closer, he looked slower

it makes you wonder how good Fury would be if he actually came in real fight shape

Safin likes this.
  2. Big Red

Big Red Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I don’t know about that. This third fight he looked good and sharp to me. He has always carried extra weight and getting more into his 30s he will carry a bit more.

I think this third fight is his master class Wilder pushed him to do more this time and Fury showed a lot of greatness imo.

pacas likes this.
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Anyone who has followed Fury throughout his career knows he wasn't dialled in - so obvious.

I agree with the opening post.

4. Big Red

Apr 29, 2011
    I have watched every Fury fight more then once. And this fight was a better display of Fury skills then the second fight.

pacas likes this.
  5. daniel_chris

daniel_chris New Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2021
    Fury looked to have gained the upper hand after flooring Wilder in the third round. heavier Fury – landing the cleaner and more damaging blows – who finished the stronger, and the champion had Wilder down once again

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Well, I definitely disagree with that and have no idea how you can come to that conclusion. His camp was totally fragmented and that is a fact. He wasn't sleeping on a hospital floor and training in a local park because it was optimal. It showed.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No, he was really easy to catch and nearly got knocked out.

pacas likes this.
  8. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    His head movement was bad.

pacas likes this.
  9. Big Red

Apr 29, 2011
    I will put it this way. Wilder made Fury have to do more in the third fight. And I was even more impressed with Fury’s skills in the 3rd fight then the 2nd.

maybe his conditioning was better in the second Fight. But Tyson dug deeper and showed more in the third.

pacas likes this.
  10. LandSwarm

Oct 13, 2021
    He wasn’t even close to getting knocked out he got up on both knockdowns very easily the second one should of been ruled a non-kd anyways

SmackDaBum and Heavy_Hitter like this.
  11. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Yep, Fury was not in trouble.
    Wilder can hardly deliver his power when he is fighting somebody good. Lennox Lewis would take him out in 2.

12. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Fury might be slightly past his prime at this point.

13. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Deontay definitely adjusted from the second fight. Made some improvements, wouldn't mind seeing the bronze bomber get a fourth fight. An upset is on the cards.

14. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think it was a combo of Wilder being a bit better prepped, and Fury not being fully conditioned.

One thing...I think Fury is pretty great overall fighter, but I also think Fury is a pretty bad finisher. Sure he won by KO, but his finishing skills still need work. He smothers his punches, and relies more on wearing a guy down by leaning on them when going for the finish. Contrast that with fellow Kronk heavyweights (Lewis and Wlad), who knew how to lean on guys, but also how to accurately gauge the distance for the finishing blows when an opponent was hurt.
    I think Lennox or Wlad would have finished that fight in the 3rd round after Wilder first got dropped. Wilder was ready to go, but Fury couldn't quickly get the job done. You can say the same for the second fight too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  15. LandSwarm

Oct 13, 2021
    Yeah no one wants to see a fourth fight he got his ass beat twice