Fury promoting Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    In a recent interview with Sky Sports the undefeated lineal HW champ and ATG Tyson Fury let slip that he was heavily involved in matchmaking for the dec 23rd heavyweight show in Saudi.

The Riyadh date, originally earmarked for Fury’s unification bout with the feather fisted ukranian cruiserweight Olexandr USKY, now instead features two of Fury’s previous HW opponents Deontay Wilder and OTTO Wallin in tune ups against Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua respectively.

Frank Warren is the official promoter of the event but sounds like Fury might be pulling more than a string or two behind the scenes.

Noticeably, septuagenarian HOF promoter Warren opened the press conference by giving public thanks to Fury for allowing this show to happen - “without him, none of this would have been possible” BEFORE going on to contractually over thank the bloodmoney backers of the event, the Saudi royal family and their henchmen.

Fury taking pole position behind the scenes would certainly explain the bizarre behaviour on the dais of fellow Brit Antony Joshua - who faces Fury victim Wallin in the co main - Joshua blurted out “you’re not my promoter” to little dev sahni the television guy before refusing to answer any questions which weren’t meticulously rehearsed and asked by his own promoter Eddie Hearns Junior.

Fury and USKY will now meet in February instead.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  2. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
  3. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  4. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    such a strange post.

5. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    It's on the internet. It must be true.

6. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    He is a strange poster though so we shouldn’t be surprised. He’s gone from his prediction of Februarys undisputed fight being 1 million percentage Fury wins by easy knockout and anyone who disagrees with him is completely wrong to now erm, actually, Uysk might actually win.

Complete tit.

7. Wig

May 31, 2010
    You never changed your opinion pal?

I can’t ignore what I see in the ring, Fury is a shot fighter based on his last fight. Not sure why that would offend you?

Do you still believe in Santa?

Terminator likes this.
  8. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Which part confused you?

9. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Not to the extent that you have on this fight. Yapping on and on about you’re nailed on prediction and dismissing anyone who may have a different view. How one sided it will be in Fury’s favour and basically coming across like an arrogant twat. I won’t mention it again, but you needed calling out on it. It’s a 50/50 mate, stop being a Fury fan boy (or has that changed now too?)

Why would you tell me this now, when he is due with presents in less than 6 weeks?? :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  10. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    serious error in the OP...

ATG, not even a Proper Champion, Contender or True Top fighter you mean.

11. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Until the Ngannou fight I was prepared to LUMP on Fury to walk through little USKY. I believed it would be a one sided beatdown by the 50lbs bigger man, against the feather fisted little guy. My opinion based on watching boxing for 35 years.

After the Ngannou fight I'm not so certain. I still think it's possible Fury steamrolls and stops him.

12. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    He’s an absolute bellend.

Sonny1 likes this.
  13. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Steady now. If my posts offend you it’s entirely your problem. Offence cannot be given, it can only be taken.

14. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior Loyal Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    We dont always see eye to eye
    But wig knows shot when hes sees it 9 out of ten times

nurological, Wizbit1013 and Wig like this.
  15. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Thanks pal appreciate your candour. I’m not about to pretend a fighter can’t become shot overnight just because I have him as the best of his generation. Father Time waits for no man, you know this I’m sure.

ashishwarrior likes this.