Fury reveals that he has ballooned from 18 to 25 stone

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sir Will Wigan, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sir Will Wigan

Sir Will Wigan HLF: A Real "Fightin' Man" Full Member

Jan 16, 2011
    From the Sun: ttps://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/3058017/tyson-fury-25-stone-ring-return-heavyweight/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-SunSport-_-Football-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

He may kill himself with hyper-destructive cycles of extreme and rapid weight gain and loss. They seem to revel about his episodes of walking around in a morbidly obese state and then coming into camp to lose near 1/3 of his body weight every time. The revelling will stop if he walks into camp one time too many and drops dead from this extreme self-abuse. I don't care for the Furys, but I certainly do not wish ill health or death for them. This Sun piece is telling and they really need to get his situation under control.

2. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    What was his original comeback date? Early may? No way he can get in shape on such a short time frame, don't expect to see him in the ring anytime soon if ever at all.

3. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    You sound like you write for the Daily Mail. Of particular interest in that Sun article was the video of Fury trying to jump a gate!

4. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    18 stone to 25 stone is 7 stone or 44.45kg.

Since the developed world deals in metrics I will continue this maths lesson in this format.

To put Tysons weight gain in perspective, I will relate it to comparable weights.

44.45kg is 50.5 Adult Hedgehogs weighing 0.88kg each.

We all know Hedgehogs get sold in packs of 60 so the remaining 9.5 hogs have been consumed by Hughie as he has stated he'll be coming in at his heaviest weight against Parker.

Birmingham and BaronSamedi like this.
  5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    He's got to lose over 7 stone to get down to his Klitschko fight weight. That's just not healthy whichever way you look at it, he's going to take years off his life yoyo'in like this.

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    He can't be allowed box again. Ever. It's as simple as that.

lawslaw likes this.
  7. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Hurry up back Tyson, prove everyone wrong again, all this stay humble shite is boring me.

8. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    That gate jump video is brilliant.

Totally possible he could fight this year but clearly it won't be against anyone of note and with Fury at near 20 stone.

9. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    I dont think hes 25 stone. Put weight on but cant see it being that bad. Hes not exactly known for always telling the truth.

Couldnt have bowed out at a worst time. Heavyweight divisions actually interesting atm. Losing out on literaly millions.

Needs to get back down the gym pronto. Already the oldest looking 28 year old man in history.

Gate jump video was tremendous.

People talk about depression. Shouldnt fight again etc. But does sitting about doing nothing really help your depression/bipolar or whatever it is he suffers from. Pretty sure his worst bouts we,re after a fight when he had nothing to do anyway.

Need to get to the bottom of the performance enhancing drug allegations. The whole things been a bit wierd from the off. Hes either been caught taking them so should be punished or hes not and he should continue on with his career. The other stuff was cocaine. Big deal let him get on with his career.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  10. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Wofter u sound like a tabloid literally you have crazy agenda.

11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    So its realistic for him to 6 or 7 stone by May and to fight then is it?

May is 2 months away.

He must still be sniffing the coke.

12. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Fury looks swollen, like a dead whale................

13. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    It's got to be impossible to come back from that.

Losing seven stone even within a year is going to **** you up and take a while to recover from.

14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Unless you are taking certain drugs to allow you to quickly lose the weight....

toxedo911 likes this.
  15. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Losing fat weight isn't quite as damaging as people here are suggesting.
    What's harmful is carrying the weight.
    It's the increase part of yo-yoing body weight that is bad for you.

The only problem a heavyweight might have through losing so much fat weight while training is the fact that's he's having to do more mundane exercise than the next guy, leaving him less time to do specific boxing training to sharpen skills . But that only becomes a factor if he's not giving himself enough time.
    Early or mid- May is probably unrealistic, unless Fury wants to come in at 21 + stone and fight an easy mark tomato can.
    August is probably realistic to get down to 18 1/2 stone and in good fighting shape.

Tyson coming back would be good, whether you like him or dislike him. He's still part of the heavyweight puzzle, he's a presence in the background, he'll remain a loose end for a while yet if he never comes back.
    I'm sure every heavyweight out there will want to see him back to stir up the scene some more.