Fury reveals that he has ballooned from 18 to 25 stone

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sir Will Wigan, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sir Will Wigan

Sir Will Wigan HLF: A Real "Fightin' Man" Full Member

Jan 16, 2011
    This is a great observation. The Furys have always been resentful of what they consider to be over-the-top respect for AJ versus what they consider to be unfair disrespect for Tyson Fury. All joking aside, if AJ blasts WK out (which I'm expecting), the general media and the general public will incessantly fawn on about AJ. It'll be 24/7 AJ for a good while. This could be the final straw for Tyson Fury's delicate mental state and a major breakdown could result.

2. Daydorail

Daydorail Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2015
    he ballooned up to 25 stone. He may weigh 22/20stone now. Pretty sure his first fight he will come in heavy at 18stone ish.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Fury needs at least two tuneups before taking on an AJ or Wlad. We saw what effect layoffs have on fighters recently look at Haye, BJS etc....

He should fight some bum on his return, then a top 20 guy then call in his automatic title shot as champion in recess.

4. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Perhaps Fury is Pregnant? He sure looks like it!

5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Great post...Hatton used to be getting the weight off when he should've been honing his skills..He said that a while back in an interview...They can only expect a disaster eventually....not preparing or staying relatively inshape as an athlete is pathetic

LondonRingRules likes this.
  6. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    It could be the opposite. One of Fury's problems is not having a clear target after beating Wlad. That was always his primary goal, and he achieved it. If AJ destroys Wlad, maybe it will trigger something in Tyson that properly motivates him again.

On the flip side if Wlad destroys AJ, I see Fury heading back down to his local kebab house for a large doner and garlic mayo to celebrate.

DavidJames likes this.
  7. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Huge amount of weight to have to shed but he is a very big man. Hopefully he can get back to where he was and compete with AJ, Wilder etc.

8. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This content is protected

i cannot believe some people doubted him....in fact he looks way over 25 stone

9. boglemcneep

boglemcneep Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    That there is a ticking time bomb, any training he does will need to be slow and steady or he'll risk a heart attack.

Don't expect him back any time soon.

10. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Stick a fork in Tyson he's done. We won't see him fight again.

The Fury won't bow to authority and do what it needs to get his license back. Even if he does sort his issues out he looks like one of those guys with all the talent in the world - but no real desire to prove it. He's got to the top of the mountain and has no motivation for anything else.

Shame as huge fights out there for him.. set him and his family up for life (if they aren't already obviously)

11. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Going by that video, the HW division is going to need a new lineage. Tyson bangs on about being 'the man who beat the man', but that can't last forever. Presumably the lineage now is just Wlad then Fury? I take it Lennox was the man before, and Wlad obviously didn't fight him.

Seeing Tyson like that (who I've always been a fan of) makes it more important that AJ beats Wlad for me. If AJ can unify the division then he can become the new 'man'. The irony being that this is probably what it will take for Fury to start taking boxing seriously, and by then it will be too late (possibly already is)...

12. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Fury cannot claim he is the man anymore, he threw away that when he took coke and maybe other "substances".

13. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    It is what it is, fury is at where he is at, simple as that

He's not fighting fit at the minute or in a good condition, but for me a fit Tyson fury cleans up the div. boxes the ears off everybody.

No it can't last forever talking about beating klitschko, but fury still has time to come back and beat many hw's.

End of day many thought fury was garbage and would never amount to anything, said he'd get sparked in 4 vs klitschko and he boxed klitschkos head off so he will talk about that for some time, and fury never lost his belts in the ring..

Maybe his heart ain't in it anymore/right now, he's clearly having discipline problems, but to me fury is still capable of being the best heavyweight in the division if he wants to be