Fury struggled with Steve Cunningham, Usyk can and will beat him!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Tyson379

Tyson379 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Fury has difficulty outboxing good smaller boxers and is unable to bully them due to his lack of power. If Fury beats Joshua I see Usyk becoming the first undisputed Cruiserweight and Heavyweight Champion in Boxing History.

BitPlayerVesti and Eastern Iron like this.
  2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't think Fury would really need to bully Usyk. His boxing skills are top notch. Given his size and ability to move, Fury is a tough nut to crack. I feel both men have the skill to beat the other. For me, it all comes down to who can work their game plan best. Of course, I must go for the little guy giving hell to the giant. I want Usyk, but can't say who wins or how.

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    After watching Pulev fight I think A.J is more beatable for guys like Briedis or Usyk.
    If bearing in mind that Usyk really barely defeated Briedis with jabs and is worse in clinches than Glowacki, not even Briedis.
    Ohh, yeah, marketablitlity and tribal fanbase.
    Tribal kids in fanbases.

A.J is more beateable up for them if they are in good shape than Fury and this even if hometown Eddie and Al with nice cards.
    A.J might not survive till cards. Othervise ofc he will defeat every one in U.K on cards.

VBOX likes this.
  4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
  5. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This content is protected

2013 Fury is not 2010 Fury.
    2015 Fury is not 2013 Fury
    2020 Fury is not 2015 Fury

Fury is an ascended sentient being that cannot be beaten by one born of its mother. (I will give that Usyk is of questionable origins)

Usyk is not as tough as Cunningham. Cunningham actually quit. He could have got up but didn't want to.

Fury was very wild in that fight. Peter who couldn't attend (because he's an ex-drug king pin) said it was an "out of control" performance. Fury basically had no cornerman or gameplan. Just came for a dog fight.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Jamzy ⭐ likes this.
  6. Ballzwarrtz

Ballzwarrtz New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2020
    Seem to recall that Fury KTFO Cunningham...

fidds and Oddone like this.
  7. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Cunningham actually just sat on the canvas feeling sorry for himself and let the ref count him out. The only time he's been stopped as a pro.

8. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Yeah I dunno if getting dropped getting up then stopping the opponent most similar to Usyk is the compelling an argument for why Usyk beats fury.

I get what ur saying about fury maybe having a harder time with good smaller boxers but I definitely don't think Usyk is a favorite

9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Fury looks that is improving and he is large dude.
    He is only one from HW top boxers I had saw seriously improving during all 3 last their fights.
    He might be even more improved since last fight, looks that he is very smart and capable to learn quickly.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  10. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Would Usyk beat McDermott tho? :thinking:

11. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    to hit properly Usyk if he is in good shape will be more difficult than Wilder or Cunningham.
    To press and maul in clinches : I think Fury then will get upper hand. He is large and smart.

12. MarvelousMarvinGolovkin

MarvelousMarvinGolovkin Kownackis belly button lint Full Member

Nov 13, 2020
    I don't see Fury taking a fight with Usyk anytime soon

Eastern Iron and ashishwarrior like this.
  13. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Cunningham was Fury's first fight in the US. He was showing off, playing around, and got caught.

I don't think it means as much as people seem to think.

However, it may indeed be that Fury will have more trouble with someone faster and slicker -- like Usyk -- over someone slower and and more robotic -- like AJ.

Rumsfeld and Eastern Iron like this.
  14. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Im a fury fan and I think you're right.
    He had serious problems with Wallins southpaw stance, style and rhythm until he decided to just bully him.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  15. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    It's almost like fighters can't improve over the years, incredible.