Fury the Most

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I think Fury is up there with the best. He is a special fighter. His variety and tenacity would be a match for any fighter of any era. Enjoy him while he’s here as we won’t see another heavyweight like him for some time.

moog and Here's Johnny like this.
  2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I would be extremely confident in the following beating him:
    Usyk
    AJ
    Whyte
    Fury
    Hunter

Would favour against Wilder:
    Parker
    Ruiz
    Joyce
    Hrgovic
    Pulev
    Gassiev
    Sanchez
    Chisora
    Bakole
    Hughie Fury
    Dubois

3. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You just don't get it do you ? Wilder would absolutely annihilate joshua and whyte, he would completely walk through both like butter, probably joshua more so than whytr because at least at this stage in their careers wbyte has the balls for a fight joshua however is completely done, good fighter but has shown now against ruiz and usyk he is afraid to get hit and can't take a punch, they are the facts. Fury would maul joshua in a few rounds max, usyk however would be a great fight but one where Fury would find a way to win inside the distance.

Say what you want about Wilder but before the first Fury fight everyman he hit clean was either knocked out or quit and he would have continued doing that to joshua whyte and whoever else he fought, yes he may have been losing some fights to the fighters you mentioned but as soon as he connected it was all over.

Who are the 12?

I think you would struggle to name 2??

Matthew240 likes this.
  4. smithshaun

Oct 20, 2013

Deluded pal , sorry but that is hilarious

Furey, ryanm8655, aaaaa and 2 others like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think you could make an argument for Joshua and perhaps Whyte/Joyce in addition to Fury and Usyk but many of these are absolutely absurd. Pulev? Hughie?

6. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018

Even the biggest Wilder/Fury fans would admit Wilder is very, very flawed fighter and on has his right hand going for him.

Wilder has glass jaw hence avoided any big punchers in the division like the plague since being dropped by Sconiers and Nicolls. Dropped multiple times by a guy known not being hard puncher multiple times including a grazing soft shot to body put him down in the second fight. Could you imagine what would powerful body punchers such as Whyte and Gassiev landed body shot on him?

7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Mitch, I am starting to believe that you are trolling. Normally I have quite a good troll detection, and am a bit of a troll myself. i have noticed that member Furious has been on to you a bit about the trolling and I do enjoy a good troll so keep at it because I am laughing a bit as I type this.

We will go with it for the fun of it, but bloody hell. Some of the names on that list are priceless.

I've noticed that you often bring up "resumes" as the main argument as to who would win any given bout, but who has Hughie Fury beaten, or Chisora, or Pulev, to only name a few, to suggest that they would be favourite (not just stand a chance, but be favourite) to beat Wilder?

aaaaa likes this.
  8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Men in white coats needed.

Furey, zulander, Jurgen and 2 others like this.
  9. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    What’s your rationale behind - just to name a couple.. Hughie, Pulev and Bakole?

10. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Hughie is closet boxer style wise.to Tyson Fury in the divison. Although Hughie lack Tyson weight however he has a better defence and a tougher chin. That doesn't bode well Wilder.

Did you not see Washington vs Wilder? Washington was causing Wilder all sort of problems with jab imagine what arguably the best jabber in the divison in Pulev would do to Wilder in that case.

11. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    @Mitch87 as you love resumes so much, can we have a list of Hughie Fury’s best wins please and why they mean he would beat Wilder? I’m talking wins too, not ‘gave *insert average heavyweight* a good fight’ followed by a triangle theory which ends with Ortiz being shyte.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Jurgen and Furious like this.
  12. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    We kept hearing this myth about Pulev and his incredible, even "best" jab in the division...

It was absolutely crap against Joshua and we have just seen Usyk jab his nut off. 6'3'' (at best) and ancient Pulev, whose best wins are Hughie Fury, Chisora and Ustinov, would be knocked out cold by Wilder. Fury jabbed Wilder well because he's slightly taller than Wilder, not considerably shorter like Pudding Pulev.

Pulev's jab doesn't look formidable against taller opposition who can actually hurt him.

Furious likes this.
  13. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Bit strange to suggest Hughie has a better chin than Tyson. Tyson once again proved he has a really good chin last night - many HWs in your list would’ve been KO’d be a couple of those shots Wilder caught him with last night.

Stylistically he’s probably closest but he’s worse in every department imo.

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I'm chuckling at the idea that Fury doesn't have a good chin...he got chinned loads last night and got up from two very heavy KD's that would have finished most heavyweights.

How many fighters lose a round 10-7 then go and win the next round before going on to smash their opponent to pieces? His chin and heart are unquestionable.

Furey, kojak, zulander and 3 others like this.
  15. smithshaun

Oct 20, 2013
    Seriously stop now because you are embarrassing yourself with every post, pulev and hughie Fury, Come on for **** sake...........

Safin, aaaaa and Furious like this.