Fury the Most

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Helenius and Wach are washed-up third-division bum circuit types. Fury or Wilder would get crucified for fighting them.
    Povetkin was hospitalized twice for covid between the Whyte fights.

Wilder x3 actually clearly trumps Whyte's work.

aaaaa and ryanm8655 like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    99% of 17 stone fighters are punchers.
    Including Fury.
    This whole "he's not a puncher" thing is silly. Heavyweights can punch.

As others have noted, when Fury sits down on his shots he has a lot of power, when he boxes for speed on his toes, he sacrifices power. Nothing surprising there.

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Just read through the entirety of the thread. The lengths Mitch goes to in his one man crusade to try and delegitimise Fury is fairly ridiculous. It’s 48 hours since the fight and he’s still going. I respect that he remains polite and courteous when doing so, more than can be said for many users, but I find it baffling.

He’s either a troll or has a huge disproportionate hatred for a boxer he presumably doesn’t know personally. There’s little point engaging with him because regardless what arguments you make he still maintains the same points of view and makes them without any contextual background.

Unforgiven and ryanm8655 like this.
  4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    He's worse. I've put him on ignore, never felt the need to do that with TonyHayers. TonyHayers was biased but I don't think he was a troll...and certainly didn't eat crayons for breakfast.

Inglis_1 and Furious like this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That's not entirely accurate though is it. If stylistically you fight on your toes, and don't sit on your punches you're not going to be known as a puncher. Fury has changed his style to a front foot fighter in the last 2 fights and has 2 stoppages.

Anthony Joshua was known as a puncher and had the KO % ratio to back it up. He's since changed his style and that KO ratio has dropped particularly since Klitschko.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  6. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Hunter would be asleep for a week and ruiz would be knocked out in spectacular fashion as he is so easy to hit, do you actually understand the fundamentals of boxing at all? Both fighters you mentioned don't deserve to be mentioned in any conversation regarding Wilder !!

I can't stand Wilder but he is levels above Hunter who by the way has beaten absolutely nobody and a fat pudding in ruiz

7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I'd favour Hunter all day over Wilder.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    On a side note to this post, i seen Tyson Fury made £40m after tax between March 2019 and March 2020. Thata incredible. Is he actually earning more than AJ ? That seems a massive amount after tax.