Fury Thinks Wilder Would Beat Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by sas6789, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Of course he'd say he's fighting the better of the 2, even if he himself doesn't believe it for 1 second. you can't take 75% of what Fury says seriously anyway.

N17 likes this.
  2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    See my memory is sometimes good, sometimes bad, too many years of my wife hitting me with rabbit punches.. she's a really dirty fighter and very spiteful, she's even bitten me "Tyson Style" a few times.

But anyway, did Fury throw away that rematch with Wladimir or did he or was he about to test positive for a banned substance?

Fury has had problems, he says himself that most of them were/are self inflicted, everybody has problems, people have far worse than Fury, on a human level I appreciate the difficulties he has faced but that doesn't mean I have to like, support or agree with everything he says or does.

Look, I'm British and I support the vast majority of British fighters, over the years I have been to so many events/shows amateur and professional and shown my support.

I don't hate Fury, I just don't regard myself as a fan, I give other British fighters far more stick than I give Fury, next time I post about Yarde, Conor Benn, Khan and a few others I'll tag you, you'll probably start thinking I actually like Fury LOL

I read somewhere even his Father said he should have gone the Matchroom road, fought the likes of Bellew, Whyte and then AJ, far more money, far bigger and more high profile fights, more belts and maybe eventually fighting the man regarded by the majority as the number 1 Heavyweight on the planet.

But it was Furys decision and when you make a decision you can be questioned and you can be criticised.

I believe it was the wrong one, so do many others and that's not hating, that's an opinion, if I believe or it looks like to me Fury is cashing out then that's what I think and I'll say it.

That record of going to a champions backyard and winning is a one fight record, yes, nobody can take that away from Fury, it's in the history books and as an achievement it's a excellent one but as a fight it was sterile, boring and extremely underwhelming.

So I can't be excited about the fight and I can't say Fury is backing up his boasts until I see him actually do something he doesn't normally do, because he won't fight like that, he says "I'll knock you out you dosser" but we all know he'll box, pick, fiddle his way through as much of that fight as he can.

This fight is just to see who can claim to be the second best Heavyweight on the planet right now and I believe even that's debatable.

TonyHayers likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    If Fury gets the WBC belt at the weekend, he's doing fine. ... he can say he held ALL the major belts in his career ... and then he can face Joshua as a champion.

Y'know, if he's not ready for Wilder, then he might not have been ready for Dillian Whyte either ! Which would make the "Matchroom route" no better.
    Hey, many people here were doubting he's even ready for Bellew !

The winner of this fight can CLAIM TO BE the best heavyweight on the planet, whether we agree or not.
    especially if Fury wins, since there are no doubts as to Wilder's condition, and because Fury was the man who ended the Wlad era and open up this one.
    Contrary to what you think, Joshua's own claim isn't so strong to be challenged. Which is why the issue has to be settled in the ring. Joshua's biggest win and strongest claim came by beating Wlad, who was coming off a loss to Fury. Joshua's whole belt collection came about when Fury put on 10 stones and did no fighting.
    Sure, Joshua can rightly say he's earned a #1 rating, but he needs to prove it by facing one of these guys.

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Wether Fury is rated current no.1 or not after beating Wilder I don't care. He'll undoubtedly be the greatest heavyweight of his generation until he's beaten.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. sas6789

sas6789 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
    He says it again in his post fight press conference

This content is protected