Fury threatens to vacate WBC belt!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 20, 2021.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'd much rather see fury / AJ and Fury / Usyk.

That said, it's always a bad, bad look when a champion won't defend his belt.

MrBarry465, kostya by ko and Finkel like this.
  2. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    The difference is, Lewis didn't do Nandrolone. And Lewis didn't fight guys like Seferi and Pianeta instead of top contenders. Lewis didn't have to be taken to court to make him fight. Lewis fought almost all of the guys in the top 10 regularly. Oh and Lewis had way more than 1 title defense. I could go on and on, but I have found that the more sense I make on the this site, the more people change the subject. Fury is a fraud. Avoiding Whyte is a duck. Trashing the WBC belt is a chump move. End of story.

lordlosh, Finkel and Robney like this.
  3. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    You're right. It's worse than the Bowe situation, for the exact reason you've given. It's an insane narrative where Fury drops his belt rather than face a top 5 opponent who he should beat easily (to fight who exactly?).

So far Fury has Klitschko and Wilder, and no other top10 names. But we discussed this point at length in another thread. So we can agree to disagree.

But what it does mean, is if Fury drops the belt. Then the Whyte fight does directly affect his status as the true champion of the division. Just like when Biggs was the lineal, but Lewis was undisputed. No one gave a crap about Biggs except the hype coming out of America. Fury will devalue not only his legacy but also his brand if he drops the belt.

But hey he does what he wants, and that's fair enough really. But he isn't bigger than the sport (though some of his more rabid fans seem to believe differently).

lordlosh likes this.
  4. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I see the stupidity of some people still continue, even after my post with WBC split rules.

Do you need to get back to school to be taught how to read again ?

Again for the ones below that have hard time reading:

c) 55% to the champion and 45% to the interim champion, in the event of such a bout.

No he hasn't. Again cause you have hard time reading, WBC rules are clear 55 for the Champion and 45% for the interim Champion, which Whyte is !!!
    Did you get it this time, or i need to explain more?

You make no sense at all. Whyte doesn't demand anything other than what the rules are, and they are clear 55 for the Champ, 45 for the interim. Whyte fancy his chances big time, thats why he goes against Fury, and not AJ belt at the first place ...

No it's not. Whyte has it's fan base, and so far has bring pretty good numbers on PPV/Buys. Also the rules said 55 to 45.
    If Fury isn't happy, he should duck the fight, drop the belt, and get back to his usual tomato cans fighters outside of the one that are champion.

kostya by ko likes this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I can't believe this A-side vs B-Side thing has completely invaded boxing fans minds.
    There's a reason Floyd didn't want to fight mandatories, and this is it... loss of control over opponent, loss of potential income, loss of location, testing out of his hands... Same with Canelo nowadays.
    It's a set purse, and Fury/Arum don't like that at all. Whyte knows he is holding all the cards, and probably won't accept a potential lower purse. This is going pursebids, and there's a very big chance they're a) going to lose the bid, b) make a whole lot less money, c) get into a situation where there's no protection for Fury.
    A cut like against Wall-e? They can be pretty certain it would be waved off. A close fight because Fury isn't in shape again? Whyte wins on the cards.
    It's a lose/lose situation for Fury unless he accepts the paycut and completely trashes Whyte. But that's how boxing works, and how its supposed to work. It's not supposed to be that the big name always has all the advantages, so if he loses he still wins no matter what.

lordlosh likes this.
  6. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

Okay. I just read your post.

Thank you for your informative post.

But there is no need to call people stupid.

lordlosh likes this.
  7. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Most of Furys fans (me being one) would be really dissapointed if he vacates the belt. For a start we would have to listen to ****ing Dillian punching bag Whyte and Hearn run their mouths even more than usual.

Finkel likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Actually it is you that is changing the subject.
    Your hatred of Fury is entertaining but let's try to stay on subject.
    The point was specifically about if Fury dumps the belt. I was pointing out that Whyte is s very low calibre mandatory challenger, and even solid great champion such as Lewis dropped belts rather than face mediocre mandatories.

9. TMLT87

TMLT87 Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Parker or Ruiz roughly translates to Mariusz Wach or Tom Schwarz part 2.

10. acekard

acekard Member Full Member

Dec 13, 2021
    no way fury is dropping his only belt, unless he's stupid. which he (hopefully) isn't.

lordlosh likes this.
  11. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    How much was the purse split when Fury faced Klitschko?
    What was the purse split for AJ-Pulev and AJ-Usyk?
    I have a feeling the champion received around 3 times as much as the challenger in all those cases.

The challengers conceded a lot in negotiations to get the fights made. Because they wanted the shot at the title.

I think it's strange that people are acting like Whyte must get 45% of the purse or whatever he demands. When they never get that.

Mr Icaman likes this.
  12. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Not sure how you can hold fury up as some beacon of light with regards to principles.

13. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    It should be clear as day to everyone that when it comes to heavyweights, Dillian Whyte is by far the greediest, most spoiled out there.

It was only in 2019 he turned down several millions to face AJ for all his belts, a huge obscene amount of money and the chance of being world champion and avenging his only (at the time) professional defeat. He priced himself out and publicly requested that Eddie Hearn sought him out another PPV date for the summer.
    He's made a career of complaining about not getting title shots but pricing himself out of title shots and refusing eliminators and demanding tailor made PPV main events for him to star in.
    That's just how it is with Whyte.
    Fair play to him. He's done well for himself.

Mr Icaman and BCS8 like this.
  14. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I remember Fury throwing a fit about that too at the time, but he signed anyway.
    He also could have gone for pursebids, but there was that sword hanging over his head that only Fury, UKAD and the BBBoC knew about at the time. Also, Fury was the normal mandatory, he didn't have some nifty belt like Whyte, which dictates the pursebids. Also, he was the WBO mandatory as I recall correctly, just like Usyk, who have a 75/25 split for a mandatory challenger as it comes to pursebids if the fight takes place in the champion's country. So those are completely different rules, and incomparable to the WBC interim/full situation.

That's the thing in this case... it doesn't matter what Fury wants, if the fight doesn't get made Whyte comes out the winner. He gets the belt and has to fight a much weaker opponent next (either Wall-e or Parker as it stands now).
    He then gets the normal WBC champion vs challenger purse, and thus probably makes as much as if he had to fight Fury.

lordlosh likes this.
  15. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Whyte should do this fight for free and be grateful for that. The amount he has conned out of the British public is embarrassing.