Fury - Usyk

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Windrunner07, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Agree. He might have started out that way but I suspect aside from any mental health and substance issues, he realised being unnecessarily skint probably isn't for him and the family either. "Fighting men" is all just part of the brand these days.

2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    It's a joke. Nearly a year and half ago he fought Wilder, he then fought a guy iced by AJ and an over the hill Povetkin followed by a guy into double figures on the L count. Everyone is bored of the messing around, Tyson isn't that interesting, it's not clever, it's just holding up the division and ruining boxing.

Pezee, crixus85, Heisenberg and 2 others like this.
  3. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Yea if the Usyk fight isn’t happening he may as well just retire.

Gazanta87 and Guru88 like this.
  4. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    He's not going to retire any time soon imo. He likes fighting and training too much. He'll fall apart if he stopped.

Astro likes this.
  5. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Might explain why he takes easy fights for big money. Look after the family while he mostly looks after himself. He'd be better off in WWE in that case.

...except the US won't let him in!

SeanB1 likes this.
  6. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    No excuses at all for this fight not happening and the problem is not Usyk.

Fury must have accumulated funds well over £100m to date and money or location is no excuse for me.

Similar to his father who ducked a fight, The Gypsy King will turn into a shytehouse if this does not happen.

There are no valid excuses.

Guru88 likes this.
  7. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah if this doesn't happen then I'm going to lose a lot of respect for Fury. Unless Usyk is taking the absolute pee, which I doubt, then he has no excuses really.

Guru88 likes this.
  8. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I like Fury and see him as the rightful no 1 heavyweight in the world but lets be honest he has form here for ducking. Yes he fought klitschko but he wouldnt have lost face if he didnt win as Wlad was a heavy favourite. He had to fight Wilder to get back to where he was.

9. 08Horacio08

08Horacio08 Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    I don't think that Fury is ducking Usyk in the conventional sense but the guy appears to be full of himself these days and is incredibly stubborn with it. I get the argument from a commercial standpoint that he deserves a bigger slice of the pie. It's probably the most lucrative event he will ever be part of so he will want to maximise that. On boxing merit as well as conduct Usyk absolutely deserves a 50/50 share.

It will be so disappointing if it doesn't happen but I reckon it will. Fury is playing hardball but surely he can't stop this from happening. It will tarnish his image too much for his ego to handle and he will be infuriated by all of the prodding that will probably last decades lol

UmarIFLUmar likes this.
  10. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    The British boxing fans will turn on him big time if this fight falls through. It's absolutely inexcusable.

Even if he picked a tough opponent like Joyce people won't like it.

11. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    :duh

12. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    If this is true. There is still a possibility that Tyson renegotiated with the Saudis while he was out there with George Warren and bring the fight back too the middle east. Best possible outcome I think for the fight being made.

13. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Hahahah very true!

14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He's probably going through a tough time, he's had to watch his brother go through hell recently and it's almost certainly affected the whole family. We really should respect him and his family and leave them be to do things in their own time, all this talk is no doubt very unsettling for the Fury family right now.

15. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Think he was negotiating a deal for “furyocity” energy drink to sponsor the next set of public beheadings

SeanB1 likes this.