Fury v Usyk Live on Sky Sports Box Office/TNT Sports Box Office/DAZN UK Box Office

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Beale, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    I can see them resubscribing all the people who took out an annual subscription last year whether they cancel or not.

The trustpilot feedback contains many examples of people complaining of funds being taken from bank accounts after cancelling subscriptions.

Ask them to send an email confirmation when you cancel as you may need it if DAZN UK dispute a bank chargeback should they take further funds from your bank account.

Potwash likes this.
  2. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    This content is protected

peter_uk and Beale like this.
  3. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Don't have a Sky box, so went to DAZN and was ready to buy the fight.

They want me to enter a contract with a 30 day cancellation period. Basically means, I have to phone up and cancel.

What a pisstake. A really **** business model.

KingKO, Beale and namnitodf like this.
  4. namnitodf

namnitodf Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2023
    You can buy from Sky/TNT and watch it online/on a smart device too. If you look on the Discovery app (if you have one, I have it on my NOW TV Stick), they now have a PPV section, whereas before with TNT (BT) PPVs you either had to buy it on TV or use an online player. Objectively, I think TNT will have the best comms + team at the fight, as long as they bring Rawlings and not Darren Fletcher. I think Laura Woods, Frampton and Bunce are a good team and they'll most likely have ex-boxers such as Haye with them too. If Adam Smith was still on Sky I'd consider buying it on their.

I know DAZN already gets a lot of hate on here, but their comms/team is absolutely pitiful. Costello simply doesn't fit TV commentary, and Darren Barker is absolutely unbearable. A complete gutting is needed there to bring their production up to scratch.

Beale and BXNG101 like this.
  5. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Costello is awful. I don't know how no one from their team didn't realise that taking a radio presenter and putting him on TV won't work. On radio they talk incessantly because they have to. There's no bloody picture. Mike Costello does the same thing he does on radio, on TV. talks incessantly on television too trying to fill any gap he can.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    Astro, namnitodf and Beale like this.
  6. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Costello makes a boxing fight sound like a horse racing commentary.

Absolute garbage

Astro, KingKO, namnitodf and 3 others like this.
  7. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    You would need to be mad to sign up to them when you can get the fight on either Sky or BT/TNT box office no strings.

namnitodf and Beale like this.
  8. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I think it was the genius that is Edward hairline Hearn.

Astro, ash234, BXNG101 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    TNT for me. Best coverage, best pundits, best commentators.

Astro, Frankie Blue Eyes and Beale like this.
  10. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Got an update for DAZN UK Box Office

The price for existing subscribers is £23.99.

:pancarta:

11. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    The zone appears to be run by meth heads from what I’ve seen during fight weeks

ash234 likes this.
  12. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Cheers for that info @Beale , finally a straight answer on how to cancel subscription. Appreciate it mate.

Beale likes this.
  13. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Always happy to help people mate.

Potwash, Astro and ash234 like this.
  14. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    It was a stroke of genius by Eddie Hearn to hire Mike Costello :)

Joking aside, Matchroom should hire Adam Smith as the new main boxing commentator and then they should take a look at the quality of Matchroom's UK Events.

Beale likes this.
  15. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    The guy's poll on twitter informs me that DAZN UK is finished in the UK coming a solid last when people declared whether they were watching the Fury v Usyk fight on Sky, TNT, DAZN UK or the other place which polled over 50% of the vote.

Hearn needs to blag his way back on Sky before Matchroom turns into a Matchbox.