Fury v Whyte - Fight week media - Fight Day 23/04

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Apr 19, 2022.

1. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Dillian Whyte has said that his dad will fight John Fury.

2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Fury of the Hammer, Klitschko and second Chisora bout 100% would beat Whyte, at a minimum on points, but likely would stop him.

I am also a fan of Whyte and think that his spirit and nastiness gives him some kind of chance, and he will have more of a chance against this Fury. I agree with @Twentyman who has said quite a lot of times now that he thinks Fury's legs are not what they were. It seems, though, that people disagree with that or just haven't noticed. A lot of people commenting that Fury can win doing X, Y or Z, which is probably true, but he doesn't have that 2014/2015 movement in him anymore. I am not sure why, as he still seems to have good stamina and his prime agility wasn't exactly dependant on being explosive. I doubt that he can decide just to dance circles around Whyte for 8 rounds like he could've done in his sleep before, and then put a beating on him thereafter.

Fury would do well to land a few big ones on Whyte early. That could either anger Whyte or do what it does to Chisora and make him look timid, backing up to the ropes hurt. If being hit will make Whyte think twice, it would make life easier for Fury who will no doubt look to tire Whyte out.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Going out tonight for the fight and will be serving carp until 5pm tonight for those who are hungry.

4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Live Fruy fight marathon with active chat:

This content is protected

5. jaycea

jaycea Manc living in Canada Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    What time back home will they be in the ring.

6. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    About 10 o'clock ring walk mate for the main event.

jaycea likes this.
  7. jaycea

jaycea Manc living in Canada Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Cheers, 3pm here then. Should be home. Eldest has a dance competition till 2

Glenn McKrory likes this.