Fury v Whyte - Fight week media - Fight Day 23/04

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    You are not wrong. Hypocrisy flying around everywhere, especially from the UK and USA regarding the war in Ukraine and also regarding anything Saudi related. Also, I have seen many boxing fans on the internet moan about Saudi as a venue for boxing, but will happily watch Formula 1 there etc.

Yes, literally just what I put in the other thread. It's definitely an elephant in the room.

Jurgen and NEETzschean like this.
  2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Fury know's which way his bread is buttered. I do not blame them either, Kinahan is obviously not a man to be crossed and these guys just do the punching, very little impact into the business side of things. The way uncle Bob dropped him like a stone as soon as the US sanctions came in speaks volumes, he was obviously just being tolerated and not embraced. I seem to remember Bob being quoted as saying 'Daniel is someone we love and respect' at one point. He obviously put the creepers up them all.

3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I actually think and have for a while that Fury will fight, for least a good section of the fight as a southpaw. It will extend the space between him and Whyte and will make it harder for Whyte to land the left hook and overhand right. It will also enable Fury to hurt him more with the jab.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This Kinehan Saga has dropped at the wrong time. On Wednesdays press conference the questions are going to come again and Fury by the end of it will be sick to the teeth of the media.

5. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    That Sky interview is the difference between an outlet that will lose no sleep over asking the questions that need asking compared to the YouTube channels who are frightened about losing the access.

As has been pointed out though, sky themselves need to answer a few regarding Macklin.

Journey Man and moog like this.
  6. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    YouTuber dweebs are much easier to control than multinational news corps.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  7. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Was there ever a time boxing wasn't run by criminals? Are we finally taking a stance then gentlemen? Jesus Christ.. Just put the bloody fight on.

Glenn McKrory and nurological like this.
  8. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Hopefully Whyte brings Kinahan up on the press event, as it seems to rattle Fury.

9. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    And our shanny.

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

May 25, 2012
    It is funny watching people get pressed though. Then at the end saying he won't do an interview with Sky again! haha People in boxing can be so thin skinned it's laughable.

11. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    You're reaching. I know you love your Matchroom but Whyte ain't getting anywhere near Fury no matter what antics are happening out of the ring.

12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    We seem to be entering the time of DISCLOSURE, all over the world. I believe no man can judge, but the BIG MAN.

Full disclosure then, I got Fury KO rds7-9 at 9/2. Whyteleafe has HEART and will go out on his shield.

I don't see a rank average plodder like Whyteleafe having anything in the toolkit to trouble Fury, the only question for me is how much of a beating he can take before he goes night night. Fury not a concussive clean one punch KO artist so I reckon this is a GRUELLING beat down via gulf in class. 7-9 feels about right.

13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This interview with Sky, where Fury is getting quite assy about Daniel Kinehan. Can see him being quite wrattled on Saturday night.

14. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Spot on. Sky actually having a presence there is good for the sport of boxing and will push the fight, but they’re not bothered about asking difficult questions. When you have a news outlet that can’t be cancelled and pushed out, they will ask the questions that their readers ‘ viewers want to hear.

Sky do seem to have a short memory though, Macklin’s controversy being one but as well as this they ran the MTK Golden Contract - but of course Dan the man didn’t have anything to do with it...

15. nurological

nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Fury on points. I think he will be far more cautious this time and end up getting into trouble early on before pulling away for a 117-111/ 116-112