FURY V WHYTE or JOYCE

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hopefully it's Joyce.

1) Big Joe gets a massive chance & pay day
    2) Big Daddy Frank reclaims the top dog spot
    3) Eddie doesn't see a round coin
    4) Whyte has to wait even longer, also has to face someone legit
    5) No paying Sky!

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Absolutely correct.
    1-1 in his last two fights, against a shot 40-something .... and people acting like he's the best contender out there right now!?

Heisenberg likes this.
  3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The rematch was stupid also. Povetkin was a complete shell after covid. Foregone conclusion - absolutely no honour in that victory.

Brixton Bomber and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No proof he had covid and he looked crap in the first bout, too. He went down quite tamely in the first - clearly wasn't near his best.

No considerable difference in Povetkin I and Povetkin II, just Whyte came on red alert and finished the job he had on a plate in the first.

5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Whyte was winning the first fight comfortably and would've gone on to win most likely. The uppercut finish was fantastic from Pov though - was clearly a punch he'd practiced and practiced thousands of times in training and executed brilliantly. IMO Povetkin did look slower and weaker in second bout.

I would like Whyte to get a shot at Fury but hate all the rubbish us as fans have to endure with delays and cancellations.

Safin likes this.
  6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Maybe Povetkin looked a bit crapper, but it was hard to tell because he already looked not very good in the first one, and the Whyte in the second was on red-alert panic mode with full intensity. The first Whyte looked to me like a man who was believing his own hype and thinking he hadn't been beaten in years. He paid the price. It was obviously a perfect punch, and hilarious to see. It also knocked out @Aydamn I said before the first that it would be a good win for Whyte but I wouldn't give him too much credit because Povetkin is old and was never great anyway. He ended up getting KO'd.

Although I am a fan of Whyte, I can't see him doing anything against Fury but it would be fun to see it. I think Usyk would totally bamboozle him and he'd be knocked out. Wilder would KO him, probably. Joshua is Whyte's best chance but even that is unlikely. People talk about Ruiz. That might be competitive. Whyte has to go for glory now - even if his chances are like 20% against anyone.

7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    All about loot now, he is fighting hard to keep the bags rolling in.

Safin likes this.
  8. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I think Whyte would last a few rounds, but Fury would blow Joyce away in a couple of rounds.

9. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Not a chance Joyce gets taken out that early. His chin is granite.

Jurgen likes this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I think the other way round